The last post I saw related to application requests was from a year ago. I would love to get an app on here that allows you to change the color balance of the device. Something as a low fi substitute to redshift or f.lux for this device. Reading for hours on this thing is pretty tough, it is boiled egg inducing white hot.
    Worst case scenario, I guess I could just buy a piece of sepia transparency and cut it to the size that fits a case cover, but it would be nice to have a software solution.
    So, is there anywhere specifically to make requests that anyone knows of, or some sort of workaround related to my issue? Thanks.
    01-11-12 03:25 PM
    Are you referring to reading ebooks or in the browser? I do alot of reading , the reason i bought my pb. I have found it best to turn screen brightness to its lowest setting and would love to be able to turn it even lower . it would be great to have a faster way to access the brightness menu though.
    01-11-12 05:07 PM
    you can post in the playbook app forum and see if a dev. can help with one.
    01-11-12 05:23 PM
    The last post I saw related to application requests was from a year ago. I would love to get an app on here that allows you to change the color balance of the device. Something as a low fi substitute to redshift or f.lux for this device. Reading for hours on this thing is pretty tough, it is boiled egg inducing white hot.
    Worst case scenario, I guess I could just buy a piece of sepia transparency and cut it to the size that fits a case cover, but it would be nice to have a software solution.
    So, is there anywhere specifically to make requests that anyone knows of, or some sort of workaround related to my issue? Thanks.
    is that why the kindle is black and gray.
    01-11-12 05:38 PM
    Are you referring to reading ebooks or in the browser? I do alot of reading , the reason i bought my pb. I have found it best to turn screen brightness to its lowest setting and would love to be able to turn it even lower . it would be great to have a faster way to access the brightness menu though.
    That's pretty much what I've done, thanks for the input. It would be nice to change the color tones...the Amazon cloud reader on sepia seems fine, but over 90% of the stuff I read is on pdf. I'm going to probably just have to batch edit files every so often to have a colored object background to lessen the white burn I'm experiencing.
    I've glanced at the dev forums and this only has been suggested by two people with Bolds, no one with a tablet has suggested it, not even on a number of Android sites I've checked out.
    01-11-12 07:07 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD