For any devs wondering what to do next

Some way to cause my PB to light up and make a noise when I've set it down and can't find it.
    03-13-12 07:22 PM
    For any devs wondering what to do next

Some way to cause my PB to light up and make a noise when I've set it down and can't find it.
    You mean like a "find my PlayBook" app?
    03-13-12 09:08 PM
    Well on bb phones you can get bb protect and it has gps location, loud noise even when on silent,and much more so maybe bb will get this app soon for PlayBook
    03-13-12 09:46 PM
    Well on bb phones you can get bb protect and it has gps location, loud noise even when on silent,and much more so maybe bb will get this app soon for PlayBook
    All a developer would need are APIs that would allow an app to run in the background and start automatically when the device is booted. Access to Bluetooth SPP profile might also be useful.

At least then we could write an app that would emit a noise when it received a message via wifi or BT that someone was looking for it. Also GPS hardware/firmware that would return reliable results when indoors would be highly useful.

When these things are available I can begin to think about writing this app. Will it be "soon"? Who knows? Except for the GPS problem, RIM could do the job sooner but I don't imagine that it's a priority for them.
    03-13-12 09:59 PM
    Well my app request is Tether. Not that Bridge isn't awesome, but streaming video tends to be slow, a Tether app might speed things up when not in a WiFi hotspot.

As for games- I like that the library has been expanding and many of the best of the best iOS games are also on Playbook, but I really want to see WORLD OF GOO!!! That game is amazing on the iPad and I think its a better game for a tablet than it ever was for the Wii or the PC...
    03-13-12 10:29 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD