Is there an app that can remote into another PB?

Say your parents/friend/siblings/coworkers are trying to explain what they are doing on their PB but just talking doesn't help.

It would be great to have PB users have the same app to be able to allow someone else to monitor and view what the actual user is seeing so they can guide them through the PB.
    03-01-12 10:19 PM
    You mean from a distance, right? Like if you live on one street and the other person lives on a street at the other end of town?

While I haven't myself used them Remote Desktop and Splashtop give you access to your PC from your PB. Would a variation of that sort of app be what you're looking for?

I don't suppose Video Chat permits you to view your respective screens?

Sorry I can't be of more practical assistance.
    03-01-12 10:26 PM
    No...Playbook to Playbook...

spending hours talking to parents on video chat on why they cannot do webmail.

It would be easier to talk and see what the other user is seeing.

So it would be easier to see what the other user is seeing when they are far away (eg. the US vs Canada).
    03-01-12 10:35 PM
    It's an interesting concept for sure. How viable is it though? Does a moderate number of PB users want such a thing? If so, contact a developer to see how such an app could be produced.
    03-01-12 11:06 PM
    Try Video Chat Inna Mirror lol! Have them figure it out just like the rest of us, by "Playing" around with it and reading Blogs like This One!
    03-01-12 11:37 PM
    The PlayBook security systems prevent this sort of thing from being built. One app cannot access the screen of other apps. Too bad.
    03-02-12 02:42 AM
    Video chat and a mirror
    12-01-12 06:18 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD