Hi guys/gurls: I want to purchase one of the app for Playbook called "Picshop or Ubis Iris" they both has a price tag $2.99. I need an app that could come close like Instagram? which one can you guys/gurls recomend?? pros and cons?? thanks in advance..b

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    04-27-12 01:59 PM
    I was gonna start a new thread but saw this and my question is the same. Which do people prefer... Uber Iris or Picshop? I'll be adding affects to serious photos.
    07-12-12 08:14 AM
    im using instaphoto..not bad..
    07-12-12 09:35 AM
    Picshop is by far a more feature rich app period. I like Uber Iris and am a real fan of the developer but the bottom line is Picshop is more feature rich. I like the UI and look and feel of Uber but if it is features you want -
    manofice1 likes this.
    07-12-12 09:42 AM
    Picshop is by far a more feature rich app period. I like Uber Iris and am a real fan of the developer but the bottom line is Picshop is more feature rich. I like the UI and look and feel of Uber but if it is features you want -
    Thanks, anyone else have any other feedback before I purchase?
    07-13-12 07:40 AM
    i actually use both. heres why - the filters are much nicer in uberiris, but it lacks the frame and texture feature. so i usually filter in uberiris, export then import into picshop and add the frame/texture. hope that helps
    manofice1 likes this.
    07-13-12 08:06 AM
    I haven't found one yet that can resize images. Has anyone else?
    07-13-12 08:56 AM
    If you like nice filters - give this a shot. It has to be side loaded and of course can be used in our browser at Photo effects, vintage, retro, online and free - Pixlr-o-matic

It was a side project by a Dev and it works natively without the need for wi-fi. The only fault I found is that 2 or 3 of the frames do not render properly.

A real bonus for me is that you can name your photo when you save it so it does not become part of the img-xxxxx.jpg mess I have in my camera directory.

Link to thread with the bar (I wanted to be sure the Dev got the credit)

http://forums.crackberry.com/playboo...18/index2.html
    StampyBeaverbrook likes this.
    07-13-12 10:15 AM
    Picshop has the most features and I prefer the interface, but it compresses my photos down to a quarter of their original size. This is fine (even desirable) if you just want to upload them to facebook but the loss of detail if you crop or blow them up is noticable.
    Uber Iris, while being short on features, at least gives the option of a high quality result.

I got the pixl-o-matic port and I like it a lot, it makes up for Uber Iris' lack of filters. A definite must have.
    08-28-12 08:04 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD