not sure if it's possible but after have had my beloved pb stolen out of my vehicle i wonder why there aren't more security apps/features. My idea is an app that after 10 pw attempts takes a picture with the front and rear cam then also activates the gps and sends location info to a specified email address once it's within range of an unsecured wifi connection. wiping the playbook doesn't do much in terms of security imo. what do you guys think?
    playbookster and triplealiali like this.
    05-04-12 11:52 PM
    Interesting idea. But I don't think rim provides the access to stuff that would allow it. At least, not yet.
    05-05-12 10:37 AM
    when you say access do you mean in terms of integrating it into the os? or access to the cameras and gps. if you can't integrate into the os could you leave the os pw disabled and have the app itself ask for a pw.
    Last edited by stopdrpnro1; 05-06-12 at 03:30 PM.
    05-06-12 03:26 PM
    not sure if it's possible but after have had my beloved pb stolen out of my vehicle i wonder why there aren't more security apps/features. My idea is an app that after 10 pw attempts takes a picture with the front and rear cam then also activates the gps and sends location info to a specified email address once it's within range of an unsecured wifi connection. wiping the playbook doesn't do much in terms of security imo. what do you guys think?
    Their position is that the data on the device is more valuable than the device itself. It kinda sucks but I think most people would agree with them.. I'd want the device to brick itself after 10+ attempts. if i can't use my PB no one can!!!

And really, if you can't remember the pw within 10 tries that's your own fault, lol. If you're drunk or half asleep or have gloves on or some other excuse, you will get it together knowing that you're about to have a nice paperweight on your hands.
    Last edited by xACiD; 05-06-12 at 03:35 PM.
    05-06-12 03:30 PM
    Thats a really interesting idea. Id like to have something like that
    05-06-12 04:18 PM
    Sounds like a great plan for Blackberry Protect in BB10! Still don't know why there is no BB Protect on Playbook.
    05-06-12 04:29 PM
    Wouldn't work well with wifi only, with 3/4G it would be worthwhile.
    05-06-12 05:31 PM
    I really like that idea!
    05-06-12 06:24 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD