Hi everybody,

a new topic from team Endare! We're playing with an idea for a new application and are curious about your opinion and suggestions. We are working on an application called Twacetee. We want Twacetee to be a social network hub, allowing you combine messages, statusses and other information from all kinds of social networks. Lets' make this a bit more concrete.

In the screenshot below, you can see a first beta version of Twacetee. It only contains Twitter information at the moment.

Twacetee is organised in columns. Each column shows a different feed of information. Right now we see three feeds: the home feed which shows all activity in all connected accounts, the me feed which shows all messages sent to you and the final feed shows the direct messages you received (a Twitter only feed).

The application is designed in such a way that you can easily configure the columns you like.

The social networks we�re planning to support are:
    • Twitter
    • Facebook
    • Last.fm
    • Google+
    • MySpaceMy

This was a very brief overview of our newest idea.

Our questions for you are:
    • What is your opinion about this? Any suggestions?
    • Do you see yourself using Twacetee as your main social media app? Why (not)?
    01-11-12 10:50 AM
    I like the idea, and I welcome it.
    It seems like it would be the socialscope of the playbook.

I like the fullscreen UI, very tweetdeckish and thats what I use on a daily basis on my PC.

I think you could really nail the Twitter, FaceBook and Google+ experience this could be the leading app for the PB.

is there an explanation for the name? seems very twitteresque. maybe a name that is maybe less derived towards the name of one network and a generic name would be better.
    rrrebo likes this.
    01-11-12 12:39 PM
    I will definitely go for it. There is no app currently (to my knowledge) which supports G+ along with the other social n/ws.

It's always better to open a single app than going to 3 different places for social networking.

I agree with Fubaz that the name suggests this is just another twitter client (which it is not) so if you can play around the name it would be great!
    01-11-12 12:57 PM
    I'm a SocialScope user on my BB, and I use Blaq and the Facebook app on my PlayBook. I am spoiled by Socialscope's cross-platform integration, being able to cross-post, retweet, read, message, etc... across all the integrated services Socialscope supports. Looks like you have a good start with this. Since Socialscope has made no indication of porting to PlayBook, I would definitely give this a shot.

I agree; the name is definitely awkward and should be changed.

It'd be nice if support for Bridge was possible. Say, for example, I want to tweet a picture from your app on my PlayBook, but the pic is actually stored on my BB's media card.

Integration with the OS2 Messaging and Contact apps (once it's released). It includes a lot of social network integration.

Integrated support for:

• Twitlonger
    • Twitpic
    • Yfrog
    • Imgur
    • some sort of URL shortener
    01-11-12 01:12 PM
    Thank you for the suggestions and opinions everybody, I really appreciate it.

As to the name, Twacetee, this is just a code name for the concept and we will change it.

It'd be nice if support for Bridge was possible. Say, for example, I want to tweet a picture from your app on my PlayBook, but the pic is actually stored on my BB's media card.
    I think this is a great idea, now I only have to get a BB phone.

Integration with the OS2 Messaging and Contact apps (once it's released). It includes a lot of social network integration.
    I can't comment on this yet, since RIM didn't release any API about these yet.

Integrated support for:

• Twitlonger
    • Twitpic
    • Yfrog
    • Imgur
    • some sort of URL shortener
    Check for URL shortener and working on Twitpic.
    01-12-12 02:17 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD