SO, now that the Facebook app is out, I'm eager to see the PlayBook's notification system as I have yet to see one from the current crop of apps I have installed.. do we even know if app notifications work yet? (other than low memory) ? I'm waiting for someone to send me something on Facebook to see if it works...

EDIT: I just received a notification on my iPhone 4 for an event invite on Facebook.. nothing on the playbook.. i had to go into the app and click around a bit for Facebook to notify within the app.. NOT via the system or in the system menu bar.. this is REALLY disappointing- are there not system-wide notifications on the Playbook?
    Last edited by dasilvetz; 05-02-11 at 04:39 PM.
    05-02-11 04:22 PM
    I don't think there will be any notifications from the app. It's not made with the Native SDK, from what I hear, but rather Flash or Air. So this app, to me, doesn't offer anything the normal site through the browser does. I'm fine with using the browser though, although I'd like to be able to apply my CSS themes somehow.
    05-02-11 04:52 PM
    Hmmm nothing for me either. I think I will keep using the full browser experience of Facebook, then - looks great already on the PB in my opinion. But I will keep the app like a good BB Fan Boi.
    05-02-11 05:07 PM
    honestly i would rather see a notification app that just directs u to the full site
    05-02-11 08:21 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD