Update 6/12: We are now incorporating 'bonus' channels out of GTA upon request click here for more information.

This application provides allows the user to listen to the following radio stations native to the Greater Toronto Area using their WIFI internet connection.

It will work with the following radio stations:
    • AM 680
    • AM 1540
    • Classical FM 96.3
    • Fan 590
    • TSN 1050
    • EZ Rock FM 97.3
    • CBC Radio 1
    • CBC Radio 2
    • CHFI 98.1
    • CHUM FM 104.5
    • EDGE FM 102.1
    • FLOW FM 93.5
    • Jazz FM 99.1
    • KISS FM 92.5
    • Classical Rock FM 107.1
    • Life 100.3 FM
    • Talk Radio AM 640
    • Virgin Radio 99.9
    • Newstalk 1010

Dont buy other apps that claim to do the same thing, they dont have this many stations

Now Avaliable!

If you are in the Kitchener, Waterloo, Cambridge and Guelph area check out my other app Waterloo Radio for the BlackBerry PlayBook
    Last edited by ignites; 06-21-12 at 06:29 PM.
    05-27-12 02:13 PM
    Where's Newstalk 1010?
    05-27-12 03:08 PM
    Where's Newstalk 1010?
    added .. is it fm or am?
    05-27-12 03:19 PM
    It's AM. Thanks!
    ignites likes this.
    05-27-12 03:53 PM
    Looks interesting looking forward to trying it out, is this going to be a free app?
    05-27-12 06:22 PM
    Looks interesting looking forward to trying it out, is this going to be a free app?
    It will be available for sale for 1.99 on Monday (which is when I assume RIM will approve it)
    05-27-12 06:25 PM
    Very cool...
    05-27-12 06:39 PM
    $1.99 I will get it as soon as it is on app world!
    05-27-12 06:40 PM
    $1.99 I will get it as soon as it is on app world!
    It's on app world now! Buy Toronto Radio for the BlackBerry PlayBook - Download Toronto Radio for the BlackBerry PlayBook - Buy Apps from BlackBerry App World
    05-28-12 12:21 PM
    Will any of these stations carry the Blue Jay's games? (ie. the fan) Or will they be blacked out like on the Nobex and Rogers radio apps?
    05-28-12 03:31 PM
    Thanks! I just purchased and installed it and am looking forward to using it.
    ignites likes this.
    05-28-12 04:21 PM
    Thank you hope you enjoy it. Please let me know if you have any questions and if you could give it a 5 star review in app world that would make my day! Thanks!

Will any of these stations carry the Blue Jay's games? (ie. the fan) Or will they be blacked out like on the Nobex and Rogers radio apps?
    According to Sportsnet.ca website "Please note that due to MLB regulations, we are not allowed to stream the games on sportsnet590.ca."

You can catch it on: Kitchener - CKGL AM 570

Just FYI, I am thinking of releasing a Waterloo-Region Radio next (KW, Cambridge and Guelph)
    05-28-12 08:19 PM
    were you the one who put up the awesome review? If it was thanks a ton =).

Review Link if anyone is interested: http://appworld.blackberry.com/webst...15404/?lang=en
    05-29-12 01:57 AM
    were you the one who put up the awesome review? If it was thanks a ton =).

Review Link if anyone is interested: Toronto Radio for the BlackBerry PlayBook - BlackBerry App World
    Yep ... that was me. Opinions expressed were not meant to flatter but to praise. The review reflects my honest opinion. Hope it helps with sales.
    ignites likes this.
    05-29-12 08:01 AM
    Yep ... that was me. Opinions expressed were not meant to flatter but to praise. The review reflects my honest opinion. Hope it helps with sales.
    Thanks once again! Hope you enjoy it, it was actually really fun to make (it was 2.5 hrs from conception of idea in my head to completion) and I personally use it everyday as well
    05-29-12 09:06 PM
    Now that the people living in the Centre of the Universe have their app, any thought of expanding it to the only city that truly matters in Canada - Vancouver!
    05-30-12 03:00 AM
    Now that the people living in the Centre of the Universe have their app, any thought of expanding it to the only city that truly matters in Canada - Vancouver!
    If you keep luongo and send corey schnider to the leafs we could work out a deal

(Send me a pm/email/message on twitter, i'll see what I can do
    05-30-12 11:27 AM
    this SUCKS... the mlb wants you to pay for the MLB app. $15 to listen to a broadcast that is free if im in my car or have a radio plugged into the wall

what is the difference if i use a portable radio or my phone???

THIS IS WHY PEOPLE HATE THE MLB!!!
    05-31-12 01:29 AM
    I still prefer TuneIn Radio as my favorite with a HUGE selection of stations. No need to sign up and register and although they only have an app for the phones, using the browser for the playbook works awesome.
    06-07-12 12:29 AM
    I still prefer TuneIn Radio as my favorite with a HUGE selection of stations. No need to sign up and register and although they only have an app for the phones, using the browser for the playbook works awesome.
    Unfortunately as far as i know for the stations that this app covers, there are no PlayBook apps that currently provide those stations so this is the only alternative if you want to listen to Toronto Radio on the go via internet.
    06-07-12 10:54 AM
    Hi all users!

I am planning to do a minor update to this application adding in requested channels (I'll accept anything in Ontario). Let me know and i'll add in before the next build!

Thanks!
    06-12-12 04:38 PM
    Thanks for all those who sent in request (via PM) I have updated the app you shoudl see it in appworld today!
    06-14-12 09:02 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD