okay, i'm no programmer, but i'd love to see this app. it's fairly simple, an app that when activated, turns off the touchscreen for about 20 seconds so you can clean the screen with a cloth. it would be nice if the screen went black too so it would be easier to see smudges.

for anyone who takes this on, thanks!
    05-17-11 07:45 PM
    Not a bad idea, but not possible however.
    05-17-11 07:47 PM
    Why not just put it in sleep and then clean using small circles so you don't go bezel to bezel? At least that's how I do it.
    05-17-11 09:11 PM
    This app already exists. It's called "power". It is a native app. You open the app, press "restart", and you have about 2 minutes to clean your screen without the bezel gestures interfering. The best part of this app is that the device is fully refreshed by the end!
    05-18-11 09:18 AM
    This app already exists. It's called "power". It is a native app. You open the app, press "restart", and you have about 2 minutes to clean your screen without the bezel gestures interfering. The best part of this app is that the device is fully refreshed by the end!
    I never thought of restart, that's a great idea. Thanks Captain, I'll make it so.
    05-18-11 10:20 AM
    Press the power button and it blanks the screen. Then swipe the screen to wake it up again. Simple really.
    05-18-11 10:20 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD