I have a terrible memory, and as I get older, I know more and more people and I get to see them less and less. When I do see them and get to chat with them briefly, I wish I was better and remembering what they tell me. Maybe they started a new job, or they've been enjoying a new sport, etc. But alas, I forget.

I'd like an app that would tie into Google Contacts and would allow me to easily store notes about people so that when someone comes to mind I can remind myself of the things that I would otherwise forget. It would need to work via the cloud and I'd want to be able to access it via all of my devices: Phone, tablet, PC, etc.

Perhaps it is simple as having easy access to the "Notes" field and dressed up a little in terms of a slick UI.

I suppose the standard "Contacts" app could be used for this, so that's a place to start to see whether the UI is good enough.
    08-20-12 09:47 AM
    "Ahem, excuse me (questioning look on my face), as I match your face with my db and then check your bio!" Sorry, I can't help it.

In my former job, I was suited and tied and so were most of the gentlemen I met and ladies formally dressed, so running into any of them out of context was always a "hmmm, who the heck are they?" kind of moment.
    08-20-12 10:58 AM
    I realize that this was posted on the PlayBook forum. However, on a BB you could just add dated notes in the "Notes" section of each entry?

For example, your Notes for a particular contact could read:

[2012-Mar-5] moved to New York
    [2011-Dec-1] new job - previous job: ABC Enterprises Ltd.
    [2010-May-5] learning to skydive
    08-20-12 01:09 PM
    Daniel are you looking to make an app that does something like that?

Or are you looking for an App that does that?

I think Evernote offers something similar re contacts + pic + info + restaurant details etc .... but they don't have a BB version yet.
    08-20-12 06:07 PM
    I realize that this was posted on the PlayBook forum. However, on a BB you could just add dated notes in the "Notes" section of each entry?

For example, your Notes for a particular contact could read:

[2012-Mar-5] moved to New York
    [2011-Dec-1] new job - previous job: ABC Enterprises Ltd.
    [2010-May-5] learning to skydive
    Exactly! Then use your Gmail account on the phone or tablet to sync with Google, and you have all those people-notes on all your devices.
    08-20-12 06:49 PM
    Exactly! Then use your Gmail account on the phone or tablet to sync with Google, and you have all those people-notes on all your devices.
    I second that. It's not as fancy as an app but that data will sync to your playbook if you use the native PIN apps.
    08-20-12 07:09 PM
    This sounds a lot like Gist.

Sent from.....the future.
    08-20-12 09:29 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD