Was at my girlfriends and had my playbook on hand. I left her house and got halfway down the road without my playbook! I turned around and had to explain how i came back to get my playbook and not to see her haha. I have a Curve with Blackberry Bridge and on the way home i had an idea for an app, an app that could send a message from the playbook to your cell phone when you get so far (in feet not miles down the road) saying something on the lines "dont forget your playbook." Now i don't know to much about bluetooth connections. I know its a limited range connection but does bluetooth even use a signal "bar" like wifi and cellular connection? I know its not a visible feature but does it run in the background? If so, the "message" could be activated when the signal was less than, lets say 3 out of 5 bars. Sending to a Blackberry via bridge. An idea, if anyone else has experienced a situation like me (maybe not the exact same aha) please leave comments. Keep in mind that all my Blackberry products are glued to my hip and hands like most of us but sometimes we forget once and awhile.

Thank you in advanced for taking time to read my little spill.
    06-11-11 08:44 PM
    Once your bb and PB disconnect PB can not send email. This kind of solution might be possible once you have native mail on PB but i think it might simply be more useful to have a BB app that would notify you when Bridge disconnects. You don't want it in email because every time you leave the PB intentionally you don't need an email reminder.

There may be a notification sound on the PB when a Bridge connection is re-established but this could just be email alerts when I walk back in to my office if PB was not with me at the time.
    06-11-11 10:51 PM
    yes i like that idea, an app. Just a simple reminder that would vibrate the phone or something when bridge is disconnected for a certain amount of time.
    06-11-11 11:59 PM
    I like it - I have no trouble finding my phone because I can call it - but I cant call my playbook. I actually panicked today when I misplaced it. damn I cant even call the thing - how about locating it from your phone? Seems like a no brainer and relatively easy app.
    06-12-11 02:40 AM
    - how about locating it from your phone
    That would be great! One thing cool about the Android phones (not sure about their tablets) is the app called "Where's my Droid," an app that can help u locate your phone if misplaced. Using another smart phone and texting your phone number, "where's my droid," it will send back GPS coordinates of where your phone is last located. Only downfall of that app was having your gps on at all times. If off the app was pretty much useless. Anyone know a Playbook app developer? haha
    06-12-11 10:07 AM
    My B, i think i misunderstood blackjack. You were talking about having a way to make the playbook do something like make a noise to help find it, like a key finder but the playbook would be the lost set of keys.
    06-12-11 05:30 PM
    My B, i think i misunderstood blackjack. You were talking about having a way to make the playbook do something like make a noise to help find it, like a key finder but the playbook would be the lost set of keys.
    That is correct, sir.
    06-12-11 07:30 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD