App Drawer was just released for the BlackBerry PlayBook.
    Get it in App World at Buy App Drawer - Download App Drawer - Buy Apps from BlackBerry App World for only $0.99.

App Drawer is an app that puts all the main system apps of your BlackBerry PlayBook into one convenient place.
    The App World Description:

The BlackBerry App World is an ever-expanding playground of new applications. Which is awesome, except sometimes it can make it hard to find a specific app you're looking for on your BlackBerry Homescreen.
    Well App Drawer is here to help! Using a simple yet elegant interface, App Drawer puts all your system PlayBook Apps into one convenient place.
    App Drawer currently gives you easy access to the following apps:
    Browser
    Contacts
    Compose New Email
    Camera
    Video Camera
    Music
    Videos
    Photos
    Video Chat (Video Chat only partially supported)
    The Android App Player
    App World
    Facebook
    Clock
    Bing Maps
    Music Store
    PlayBook File Browser
    Help
    Setup
    Print To Go (not fully supported)
    Settings (including quick access to each settings menu, including wifi, bluetooth, bridge, etc)
    and Bridge Apps (Bridge Email, BBM, Contacts, Calendar, Memopad, and Tasks).

If you have any questions, don't hesitate to contact me! Emails are generally responded to within 2 hours.
    App Drawer should be BB10 compatible when BB10 launches, assuming RIM allows access to the API to launch other apps that the PlayBook currently has in BB10 devices (the Dev Alpha supports a few of them).
    Some pics:

Last edited by SCrid2000; 08-03-12 at 09:36 PM.
    9of13, djenkins6, sashlon and 2 others like this.
    06-07-12 04:50 PM
    Great, replaced contacts and calendar that I had on top row on the home screen with this
    06-07-12 05:50 PM
    Ummm... I don't mean to bash, but couldn't you just group your stock apps into a folder in the home screen...?
    mhinc likes this.
    06-07-12 05:53 PM
    Ummm... I don't mean to bash, but couldn't you just group your stock apps into a folder in the home screen...?
    I was thinking the other day it would be good to have all the stock apps in one place, but I also like having them in groupings with like apps in folders.

Anyway, noticed docs to go is missing, and not sure about usefulness of Android player link. I'm on the beta and it now opens without access to any controls.
    06-07-12 06:00 PM
    Not everything. All the settings, the Android App Player, compose new message, and the escreen launcher don't have icons.
    And anyway, this is a sexier interface
    Oh, and it only costs the equivalent of 6 minutes of minimum wage time. IMO, the app is definitely worth 6 minutes (although I hope you're getting paid enough that it's more like 2, maybe 3 minutes). To put it in perspective, you probably spent a minute or two just posting that
    Innovatology likes this.
    06-07-12 06:01 PM
    I was thinking the other day it would be good to have all the stock apps in one place, but I also like having them in groupings with like apps in folders.

Anyway, noticed docs to go is missing, and not sure about usefulness of Android player link. I'm on the beta and it now opens without access to any controls.
    I'm trying to figure out a way to include Docs To Go, RIM doesn't have a documented way to launch it and I haven't been able to find one.
    Actually quite a few of these are undocumented, but they've mostly been fairly common sense commands.
    06-07-12 06:04 PM
    I'm trying to figure out a way to include Docs To Go, RIM doesn't have a documented way to launch it and I haven't been able to find one.
    Actually quite a few of these are undocumented, but they've mostly been fairly common sense commands.
    They are all very documented
    http://pastebin.com/PHtEiE66

For things like DocsToGo, you'll want to invoke file://
    Last edited by xsacha; 06-07-12 at 08:19 PM.
    06-07-12 08:14 PM
    Oh my, I wasn't aware of this Thank you Sacha.
    I was only aware of https://bdsc.webapps.blackberry.com/...or_invoke.html

Edit: the bridge:/// ones are new to me (I was using 127.0.0.1:178) so I'll update the app to use those instead, but the rest I had (except hotspot and corp-http and at&t; what's the AT&T one for?).

I know about invoking file:/// (maybe I should add that one back, I took it out because I thought it might cause some confusion with bbfiles), but in order to have it launch docs to go there'd need to be a file for it to link to, wouldn't there?
    Last edited by SCrid2000; 06-07-12 at 08:33 PM.
    06-07-12 08:18 PM
    Wow is that video recorder icon stock? Have I been missing it all this time?
    06-07-12 10:44 PM
    Oh right.
    No, the icon is from OS7.
    There's no icon for the video camera in the stock PlayBook os, you have to launch the camera and switch to video. that's one of the cool things about the app.
    06-07-12 10:53 PM
    Wow! I was just thinking around bbwc time if something like this was possible cause one of the ideas I has was this but with an LCARS-like UI but I have no knowledge of code except for themes
    06-08-12 12:56 AM
    Oh my, I wasn't aware of this Thank you Sacha.
    I was only aware of https://bdsc.webapps.blackberry.com/...or_invoke.html
    Heh, don't rely on RIM documentation. I grabbed that list directly from firmware. It's in a file.
    06-08-12 06:14 AM
    Oh right.

No, the icon is from OS7.

There's no icon for the video camera in the stock PlayBook os, you have to launch the camera and switch to video. that's one of the cool things about the app.

O cool. yea I hate that I have to launch the camera and switch to video. That's very cool to have a camcorder icon shortcut.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9670 using Tapatalk
    06-08-12 09:34 AM
    I just added a command to launch file:///accounts/1000/shared, updated how the bridge apps launch using the info Sacha so graciously provided, and added a launcher for to launch SMS Bridge for when RIM releases that
    06-08-12 11:15 AM
    Just submitted an update to App World that has updated Bridge launchers, Bridge SMS (won't work until RIM pushes out a bridge update), the file:/// browser, and a checkbox that lets you choose to either have App Drawer stay open in the background or close itself when you launch an app.
    06-08-12 05:04 PM
    I agree, this App is pointless. Just make folders. Just something else to take up space for no reason.
    06-09-12 07:50 AM
    I agree, this App is pointless. Just make folders. Just something else to take up space for no reason.
    It does have functions which are not possible normally (e.g. booting camera to video mode instantly etc.). But in those cases it does seem counter-productive to launch another app and tap a button rather than launch the app you actually want and tap a button to change the mode (I'm sure it's possible to create a simple app that just launches the camera app in video mode, so that an icon for that could be put on the home screen, but that's besides the point)

Still, I'm sure some people will find it very useful, if you don't want it, don't use it. No need to insult the app.
    06-09-12 09:00 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD