APP can install BAR files to PB directly will be developed?
    it will work just like BB install software!?
    I think it will be very popular!
    how do you think?
    10-23-11 11:11 PM
    10-23-11 11:14 PM
    I could be wrong, but I think he meant OTA like you can on the BB OS (Java).
    10-23-11 11:36 PM
    APP can install BAR files to PB directly will be developed?
    it will work just like BB install software!?
    I think it will be very popular!
    how do you think?
    Would be very popular indeed - which is why RIM does not allow third party apps to access the app storage directories on the PB. OTA is a thing from the past - it's simple economics. OTA installations would mean that App World could be bypassed and RIM wants the revenue.
    10-24-11 12:14 AM
    Would be very popular indeed - which is why RIM does not allow third party apps to access the app storage directories on the PB. OTA is a thing from the past - it's simple economics. OTA installations would mean that App World could be bypassed and RIM wants the revenue.
    if it support that, maybe more people will use PB or BBX, then more developer will develop APP for RIM...and then ... you know...
    10-24-11 12:25 AM
    that's not the point
    THKS all the same.
    10-24-11 12:28 AM
    I could be wrong, but I think he meant OTA like you can on the BB OS (Java).
    yes
    it is right.
    10-24-11 12:31 AM
    good idea. if we can sideload the bar, for sure this is possible and this will help a lot of normal user as side loading require PC etc.
    Last edited by Thetnaung; 10-24-11 at 05:14 AM.
    10-24-11 02:48 AM
    Cant see RIM allowing this sort of feature even in the NDK, unless someone finds a workaround, I doubt it will happen.
    10-24-11 07:23 AM
    good idea. if we can sideload the bar, for sure this is possible and this will help a lot of normal user as side loading require PC etc.
    Not possible, won't happen.

Now you might respond that anything is possible and that it is only a matter of time. And to that I say: the day that rooting the device is possible is the day that an OTA installer is possible. This is because RIM has protected the application repository on the device - you must bypass the device's security barriers in order to write anything to that directory.

No access = no OTA app. Period.
    10-24-11 08:32 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD