An excellent, simple and intuitive app to record, track and organize meetings....
    Buy Meeting Minutes Pro - Download Meeting Minutes Pro - Buy Apps from BlackBerry App World

There is a free version you could try before buying the paid version...
    Free Meeting Minutes - Download Meeting Minutes - Free Apps from BlackBerry App World
    10-14-12 11:48 AM
    When I first read this post I was very interested in giving it a try, but quickly learned it's an android port. Sorry but $3 for a ported app is a no go for me. I save my money for native apps, strong believer in supporting those building native apps for my platform of choice. I'll do the odd ported app if they're .99 or less (like playing the lottery) , unless they won't launch without giving access to files and Internet (like this one). Maybe I'm just paranoid but I don't like pushy apps that force me to give them access to everything. Hope you're working on this type of app for BB10 because I'd definitely pay for it then. #bb10believe!
    Sriman likes this.
    10-14-12 03:25 PM
    When I first read this post I was very interested in giving it a try, but quickly learned it's an android port. (...)
    Same position for me. I get andro ports only when really obliged to.
    For MoMs I use Groovy Notes. Not perfect, but native, scaling at least to hundreds, with search, photos attached, and even a (clumsy) drawing tool... Honestly I'm quite happy with it.
    Sriman likes this.
    10-14-12 03:49 PM
    Thank you for bringing your app to Play Book. I appreciate every developer that takes the time develop and submit to app world. Also thank you for providing a free trial app so we can test the waters to see if it fits a need we may have. I ran the app for about 1/2 hr with test entries etc and it ran just fine. Not Native is not a bad thing. I prefer native as others have stated but i run many ported apps because they fit a need and are available. When there is a better app that comes along native or ported, then i will replace the app with a better choice.
    If you have the need for a dedicated Meeting app - this one is well done and is tailored for that specific need. I do not know of any other app in app world that functions as well for this specific need and i am a bit of a note taking app junkie and have tried most of them. Groovy Notes is great for what it was built for but certainly not built for meeting notes with agendas, discussions and assigning tasks with due dates. If you need an app like that on your Play Book give meeting notes a try as there is no other app in app world quite like it
    Sriman likes this.
    10-14-12 04:22 PM
    I purchased the app a while ago and enjoyed it but was turned off by wanting payment for upgrades. No offense but it's an App not a Microsoft program. I refuse to pay for app upgrades. Upgrades for apps need to be free there is no argument that will convince me or others.
    Sriman likes this.
    10-14-12 05:16 PM
    I understand your concerns... Though this is an Android port, you would be surprised to know that with the OS 2.1 improvements to the Android run time this works as good as a native app. Please try out the free version before you decide on the paid version. However, you have to note that the paid version has much more under the hood than the free version. I am sure you wont regret the purchase. If you do, I will be more than happy to sort things out...

With regards to the access this app requires, it needs to write/read files because it saves data into a database and exports the user input into formatted HTML/PDF files... The pro version doesn't ask for internet access.. The free one does because it display ads... Please feel free to ask any other questions you might have...

Free Meeting Minutes - Download Meeting Minutes - Free Apps from BlackBerry App World

When I first read this post I was very interested in giving it a try, but quickly learned it's an android port. Sorry but $3 for a ported app is a no go for me. I save my money for native apps, strong believer in supporting those building native apps for my platform of choice. I'll do the odd ported app if they're .99 or less (like playing the lottery) , unless they won't launch without giving access to files and Internet (like this one). Maybe I'm just paranoid but I don't like pushy apps that force me to give them access to everything. Hope you're working on this type of app for BB10 because I'd definitely pay for it then. #bb10believe!
    Same position for me. I get andro ports only when really obliged to.
    For MoMs I use Groovy Notes. Not perfect, but native, scaling at least to hundreds, with search, photos attached, and even a (clumsy) drawing tool... Honestly I'm quite happy with it.
    10-14-12 08:57 PM
    Completely agree with you... The feedback was taken and the upgrade made "FREE" the next day.. I have released a couple of more upgrades afterwards that make this app even more useful and user friendly.. Please try installing the updates now if you haven't done so already...

I purchased the app a while ago and enjoyed it but was turned off by wanting payment for upgrades. No offense but it's an App not a Microsoft program. I refuse to pay for app upgrades. Upgrades for apps need to be free there is no argument that will convince me or others.
    madman0141 likes this.
    10-14-12 08:59 PM
    Thanks a lot for your kind words... I am working on some more new features as I write this and I promise that they will make the app even more useful and user friendly....

Thank you for bringing your app to Play Book. I appreciate every developer that takes the time develop and submit to app world. Also thank you for providing a free trial app so we can test the waters to see if it fits a need we may have. I ran the app for about 1/2 hr with test entries etc and it ran just fine. Not Native is not a bad thing. I prefer native as others have stated but i run many ported apps because they fit a need and are available. When there is a better app that comes along native or ported, then i will replace the app with a better choice.
    If you have the need for a dedicated Meeting app - this one is well done and is tailored for that specific need. I do not know of any other app in app world that functions as well for this specific need and i am a bit of a note taking app junkie and have tried most of them. Groovy Notes is great for what it was built for but certainly not built for meeting notes with agendas, discussions and assigning tasks with due dates. If you need an app like that on your Play Book give meeting notes a try as there is no other app in app world quite like it
    10-14-12 09:01 PM
    Why don't you make native apps for Playbook?
    10-14-12 11:22 PM
    I just develop apps as a hobby apart from doing a day job. It makes a lot of sense to be able to develop once and deploy at multiple places. Rewriting the whole thing to make it native on bb wont justify the time and effort...

Why don't you make native apps for Playbook?
    10-14-12 11:36 PM
    Thank you for making the update free. I enjoy the program a lot just that one point and now that has been handled I thank you again.
    Sriman likes this.
    10-15-12 06:11 AM
    You are most welcome. Glad you like my app.. I am working on some more great features now that I might be able to release by end of this week... After RIM approval they could be available sometime early next week...

A sneak peak of the new features....

1) Copy all or selected participants, agenda items, discussion items and action items from one meeting to another.
    2) Link attachments (files) to meetings. The linked attachments will be automatically attached to the email when exporting the meeting agenda or minutes. Also, based on an option in the settings screen, the list of attachments will be included in the exported HTML/PDF files...

Thank you for making the update free. I enjoy the program a lot just that one point and now that has been handled I thank you again.
    10-15-12 04:09 PM
    [QUOTE=Sriman;7677709]I understand your concerns... Though this is an Android port, you would be surprised to know that with the OS 2.1 improvements to the Android run time this works as good as a native app. Please try out the free version before you decide on the paid version. However, you have to note that the paid version has much more under the hood than the free version. I am sure you wont regret the purchase. If you do, I will be more than happy to sort things out...

Sorry didn't mean to be so short and thanks for porting over your app, I'll give the trial a whirl. I can appreciate this isn't a full time thing so you don't want to put to much effort into making native, but like me there are others who support native developers first. You're app looks like it could have a real serious shot at making money on BB10 and providing it's developed for BB10 you'd qualify for The 10k Developer Commitment guaranteeing you at least 10K. Lots of BB user out there wanting awesome apps and we'll pay good money for great Apps.. I'm one of them.. I use my playbook for both work and play and we all need more work style apps like this.. But Native if you please..

As I'm sure you know RIM is providing a lot of support for all developers and from what I know with speaking with a couple of them they're really focusing on help you bring apps to BB10. Must-Follow Research In Motion People on Twitter | CrackBerry.com

Any ways just my plea to get you going on BB10.. Thanks for your time.

Cheers,
    Joseph
    Sriman likes this.
    10-15-12 04:48 PM
    Thanks... I will give serious thought into BB10 and will research more tonight.. I had read about it earlier and was discouraged by the condition that the app should make at least $1000 by itself to qualify for the $10K reward from RIM.

Another problem is the varying technologies/programming languages involved. Somehow RIM has decided to leave out both the Android Runtime and BlackBerry native Java for the $10K program...

But probably I should take a look at it again.. Thanks..

Sriman

[QUOTE=kozmo68;7678909]
    I understand your concerns... Though this is an Android port, you would be surprised to know that with the OS 2.1 improvements to the Android run time this works as good as a native app. Please try out the free version before you decide on the paid version. However, you have to note that the paid version has much more under the hood than the free version. I am sure you wont regret the purchase. If you do, I will be more than happy to sort things out...

Sorry didn't mean to be so short and thanks for porting over your app, I'll give the trial a whirl. I can appreciate this isn't a full time thing so you don't want to put to much effort into making native, but like me there are others who support native developers first. You're app looks like it could have a real serious shot at making money on BB10 and providing it's developed for BB10 you'd qualify for The 10k Developer Commitment guaranteeing you at least 10K. Lots of BB user out there wanting awesome apps and we'll pay good money for great Apps.. I'm one of them.. I use my playbook for both work and play and we all need more work style apps like this.. But Native if you please..

As I'm sure you know RIM is providing a lot of support for all developers and from what I know with speaking with a couple of them they're really focusing on help you bring apps to BB10. Must-Follow Research In Motion People on Twitter | CrackBerry.com

Any ways just my plea to get you going on BB10.. Thanks for your time.

Cheers,
    Joseph
    10-15-12 05:03 PM
    Sorry not familiar with what language is accepted to qualify but after giving your trial version a try, I'd think a native version could easily make the minimum dollar amount and then some. I'll work with the trail a little while to see if it grows on me enough for me to go against my usual native only rule. so far I like for the most part except for....

Cheers!
    Sriman likes this.
    10-16-12 12:17 AM
    Thanks for trying out the free version... If and when you decide to buy the paid version, you can simply export data from the free version and import it into the paid version.

The performance of this app makes me think twice about the minimum requirement for the 10k challenge. Probably as you said a native app could be different.

Sorry not familiar with what language is accepted to qualify but after giving your trial version a try, I'd think a native version could easily make the minimum dollar amount and then some. I'll work with the trail a little while to see if it grows on me enough for me to go against my usual native only rule. so far I like for the most part except for....

Cheers!
    10-16-12 06:38 AM
    Interesting app, will definitely give it a try.
    Sriman likes this.
    10-16-12 06:58 AM
    (...)1) Copy all or selected participants, agenda items, discussion items and action items from one meeting to another.
    2) Link attachments (files) to meetings. The linked attachments will be automatically attached to the email when exporting the meeting agenda or minutes. Also, based on an option in the settings screen, the list of attachments will be included in the exported HTML/PDF files...
    This looks interesting.
    How does your app scale, I mean, with how many minutes files did you test it with?

I want to be able to search, and get almost instant results, through at least 1000 one-page files. (I don't want to drop your app in 6 month because of lag)
    So, part of your acceptance process, how many files did you run it with?
    Sriman likes this.
    10-16-12 07:42 AM
    Interesting app, will definitely give it a try.
    Thanks for your interest in the app.. Please let me know what you think...
    10-16-12 01:56 PM
    My app scales very well... Earlier I had only tested with 200 unique meetings but reran the tests today to match your request. The performance/load testing today has been with the below set of data...

100 unique participants/contacts...

1000 unique meetings with the following linked to each meeting:
    10 Participants
    10 Agenda Items
    10 Discussion Items
    10 Action Items

With the above volume of data, there is absolutely no lag anywhere except the screen where you can view action items across all meetings. That means we are dealing with 10,000 unique action items on that screen. Even in that screen the lag is barely noticeable.. You will definitely see the data within a second after your menu selection. Filtering for meetings, contacts and action items works without a lag...Please let me know if you need more information.

I am 100% sure you wont regret buying and using my app after 6 months...Please go ahead and purchase the app...

This looks interesting.
    How does your app scale, I mean, with how many minutes files did you test it with?

I want to be able to search, and get almost instant results, through at least 1000 one-page files. (I don't want to drop your app in 6 month because of lag)
    So, part of your acceptance process, how many files did you run it with?
    Herve5 likes this.
    10-16-12 02:04 PM
    Two more new features I am considering for the next release.. Please let me know your thoughts...

1) Provide an option to import contacts from a comma separated values file so that people using Lotus Notes etc are not left out...
    2) Provide an option to display an image (logo of a company etc) on the exporting PDF files...
    10-17-12 04:02 PM
    Thanks... I will give serious thought into BB10 and will research more tonight.. I had read about it earlier and was discouraged by the condition that the app should make at least $1000 by itself to qualify for the $10K reward from RIM.
    I have not tried your app yet but have not come across a good meeting notes apps in App World yet. Anyone who first does good meeting notes app for PlayBook / BB10 will take home the cash. From my personal experience I can tell you that as long as app has a sleek UI (sorry have not come across any Android port with a sleek UI as of yet) and good base feature set applicable to wide audience meeting the 10K condition is not a problem at all. I will not say more ;-)
    Sriman likes this.
    10-18-12 01:31 AM
    I have not tried your app yet but have not come across a good meeting notes apps in App World yet. Anyone who first does good meeting notes app for PlayBook / BB10 will take home the cash. From my personal experience I can tell you that as long as app has a sleek UI (sorry have not come across any Android port with a sleek UI as of yet) and good base feature set applicable to wide audience meeting the 10K condition is not a problem at all. I will not say more ;-)
    Thanks for your message.. please try my app and let me know your thoughts.. like you said there are certain restrictions when bringing down an android port and so the ui might not be as sleek as you would expect.. but it is very simple and easy to use...
    10-18-12 06:10 AM
    One more bonus feature added to the next release.... Export contacts into a csv file... The release is likely to hit the App World early next week...

Two more new features I am considering for the next release.. Please let me know your thoughts...

1) Provide an option to import contacts from a comma separated values file so that people using Lotus Notes etc are not left out...
    2) Provide an option to display an image (logo of a company etc) on the exporting PDF files...
    10-19-12 06:21 AM
    the update is now submitted to rim... expecting it to be approved in a couple of days
    10-21-12 09:58 PM