I'm thinking about getting splashtop. I searched the forums to see what people where saying about it or how they where using it. All I found was complaints and tech help questions.
    Does anybody have anything good to say about this app? How do yall use it? (What do ya do with it?)
    02-27-12 12:16 AM
    If you read the reviews in App World you can see a bunch of positive reviews on it.
    02-27-12 12:41 AM
    i love it. The only bad thing i would have said about it was that the screen stays on when you're connected to your pc remotely, but that was fixed in the latest update. So nothing bad to say about it now.
    02-27-12 12:51 AM
    I just had 1 question about it. Does it have lag? Or is it like really smooth....
    From 1 to 10 (10 being the smoothest) how would the rate splashtop smoothness
    02-27-12 12:52 AM
    there is a small lag but generally find it pretty good.. Have it sync'd with both my mac and g/f's pc laptop and both our playbook and android devices. Very handy for when you need to check on an app or refer to a doc. Not used it for anything heavy, but have found it reliable and handy.
    02-27-12 02:31 AM
    Thanks guys. I read the reviews that why I decided to checking out. Oes it just access the pc thru the internet or can it connect thru the lan
    02-27-12 02:46 AM
    All you need to do is add your email address and as long as you're connected to wifi you have access to your computer.
    02-27-12 03:05 AM
    I have it and originally bought it for video streaming. For that it's just awesome, 10/10 - Aside from this I wish you could zoom in from the PB onto the PC as everything is small but other than that it's great!
    02-27-12 04:14 AM
    Well, the app worked fine at first but stopped working for me after a while. The complete lack of being able to contacting tech support for some assistance is a big hindrance for me. All I can find are the support forums on their website which only offer other people having the same issues as me without anyone offering any good solution.
    02-27-12 04:28 AM
    Gmail discovery works very well, but the app crashes on connection. Made all the suggested changes to no avail.
    02-27-12 05:39 AM
    The only real issue I have is not being able to hold down right mouse heh I use it to play some games (nothing action packed) ultima online (holding right mouse is how you walk/run) and I was using it to babysit mines in battle star galactica online so I didn't have to sit at the computer.. I've heard really good things about the newest rd client called remote desktop for blackberry playbook but have not used it but I give splashtop 2 thumbs up for what I use it for Oh and it's great even just to have a messenger constantly running as the playbook IM clients are expensive and frankly barely work.. Even the android IM apps are kinda painfully to use :/
    02-27-12 05:43 AM
    Works like a charm for me. I mostly use it for video streaming and one of the last updates improved performance a great deal.
    02-27-12 09:05 AM
    Ccool, video streaming. If for nothing else that's worth $5.
    02-27-12 09:37 AM
    I have it and originally bought it for video streaming. For that it's just awesome, 10/10 - Aside from this I wish you could zoom in from the PB onto the PC as everything is small but other than that it's great!
    I dont know what version your running. You might want to upgrade. I can zoom in on my pc from my PB.
    I went ahead and got this app. $5 was just to good to pass up. I think its an awesome rat. I dont have any lag. Getting setup is painless and fast. Kinda scary actually.
    I was able to edit and convert a m2ts file by remote. Smooth functions. I give it 5 stars. Video streaming was seamless for me also. I have multiple machines and being able to connect to any of them was cool.
    03-06-12 01:21 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD