Just curious if anyone has heard if anyone is developing a third-party email application which would be great.
    09-08-11 12:32 PM
    No.

Rim blocked the sale (rumored) of two apps that were submitted.
    09-08-11 01:18 PM
    This is prohibited by RIM and is part of their App World and/or development agreement. That's why the other two were blocked.
    09-08-11 02:36 PM
    This is prohibited by RIM and is part of their App World and/or development agreement. That's why the other two were blocked.
    Yes it is a violation of the terms. RIM doesn't want security issues to arise for Enterprise email being handled by a 3rd party email client.
    09-08-11 03:15 PM
    That and if you read the posts about amail the developer supposedly dissapeared. Before anyone lashes out I am just summarizing the end experience with amail though their avnc app was good amail gave people issues everywhere.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-08-11 03:29 PM
    Sending e-mail is, apparently, not a problem:
    09-09-11 10:12 AM
    Yes it is a violation of the terms. RIM doesn't want security issues to arise for Enterprise email being handled by a 3rd party email client.
    Then enterprise can block their employees from using it. Individuals however should be able to use whatever they choose. RIM needs to get their head out of the enterprise a__ since enterprise can block features and function if they ever truly want more consumers/avg joe buying from them.

Since I have a bb I don't need a client on the pb but understand someone who doesn't own a bb just might want it.
    09-09-11 10:26 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD