I was just looking at the new apps tab and saw that a new asteroids game was just released that looks pretty decent..... But, has anyone had a go on it yet?
    Link is:
    Buy Asteroids 2012 - Download Asteroids 2012 - Buy Games from BlackBerry App World

I am sure a few of us here would love to hear comments.
    01-27-12 09:30 PM
    It looks great. Can somebody post some in-game screenshots and maybe even a video?
    01-27-12 09:35 PM
    I bought it when I saw it - lemme go launch it. (compulsive buyer)
    01-27-12 11:00 PM
    4 ships. Funky midi type music gfx are nice. Sfx a bit tin-ish. But cute game

I was shooting at the moon and blowing up stuff on it. But I get the feeling you might be flying lots for long periods .
    RohrohrohURboat likes this.
    01-27-12 11:14 PM
    Same company has a new one in app world - BuildnBash 3D...
    Doesn't look too shabby either not quite as polished as EA/gameloft etc but pretty nice from the screenshots.
    01-27-12 11:37 PM
    Pretty excited when I saw it as well.

it is a good start but very touchy and limited in views. There are only two three types of play and you only shoot asteroids.

I was expecting something like Wing Commander. I am hanging out for a good flight sim.

2 / 5 High expectations
    01-28-12 06:36 AM
    There's a game called 'Galaxy on Fire 2' which is available for android and ipad which is this style of game (3d space game, open world thing) that looks very very good, just hope it comes to pb.

https://market.android.com/details?i...Fire2THD&hl=en
    01-28-12 07:54 AM
    I'll try my best to do a review on this for this weekend. I love the amount of apps showing up now. The quality also keeps getting better and better
    01-28-12 09:30 AM
    Yep, the excitement is building. I first thought I was imagining things but you're right both the number and quality are increasing. My purchasing pattern has certainly changed.
    01-28-12 01:15 PM
    Hi Guys
    I'm the original poster who was wondering about this game. Just remembered to check the apps support link on appworld and their website has much more info and a youtube trailer. Also info on the other BuildnBash game is there.

Based on the video and our friend KermEds review I will be buying this one as it looks pretty cool. And I know it must be half good if it distracted KermEd for a while

Ya... so videos and devs site are here: SKAPP Enterprises

Check it out ,and I'll report back here once I get the app (ahem, Game) going.
    KermEd likes this.
    01-28-12 11:21 PM
    Okay, back with the first impressions after playing for about 30 or 40 minutes...

Not bad at all, kept me interested and I want to play more. That's a good sign ;-)

Still need more time to check out the various play modes, I just tried the main one.

Took a bit to figure out the various control methods and what worked best for me. The cool thing is that all 3 control methods appeared to be active at the same time so that was nice. You'll find your preferred method, for me it was dragging my finger on the main screen and not the Dpad or the accelerometer. though all three worked at times.

I grew up on the original asteroids and this was actually a pleasure to play so far, although it is very different from the original. I think it has enough gameplay value to keep me interested for a while. Guess we'll see after some more time.

Purchase price at this time was $3.99 and I don't regret it yet, so another good sign. In the last weeks at appworld some really great apps have been on sale, which makes it tough to compare dollar for dollar. That said, this was regular price and so far worth the dollars. Only disappointment to this point is the sound of the guns, but, that's an easy improvement though if the dev listens.

Your mileage may vary and so may mine after further play .....which the game at this point warrants.

Anyways, A quick overview and links to vids etc are in above posts.
    Thanks to the dev for bringing this to the PlayBook! I notice that it's on Android and IPad too, so for me, it is good to see a dev branching out to PlayBook users.. I Love Space Shooters and this one seems pretty good so far.
    MT
    Last edited by manytone; 01-29-12 at 03:01 AM. Reason: added a couple points
    01-29-12 02:36 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD