Anyone have to restart the PB to get android apps to work from time to time?
    04-02-12 11:20 AM
    Yes mainly with Kindle. Sometimes it just can't load and I will restart the PB. Not often though

- Charles
    04-02-12 11:23 AM
    Sometimes I'll also get the "Initializing please wait.." screen but then it goes back to the Homescreen. I wish this was more stable.
    04-02-12 11:25 AM
    YES!!! and its so annoying

this happens when using Scramble/Words/Hanging with Friends, Ubersocial, or just about ANY Android app, and its sooo random.

Sometimes just waiting helps and it eventually loads, but most of the time I have to restart.

This happens at least 3x a week.
    04-02-12 11:31 AM
    Yes, i find that i have to restart it while playing words with friends. It gets quite annoying after a while.
    04-02-12 11:32 AM
    I reboot for browser issues before I even have a chance to experience the android app player issues I see many people experience.

Since there is no easy way to control android apps I would suggest getting a task manager to use for better control. The actual android os manages apps and memory much better than the player. Hopefully RIM can improve it.
    04-02-12 11:34 AM
    After every time i use an android app I reboot after. That player is a memory hog even after you close it. After closing the player it still sucks up at least 100 mb of memory. Now I separate the apps that I know are Android and don't use them unless absolutely need to.

I found that solved alot of my browser issues because that is a memory hog too, but at least when it shutdown it doesn't use any of free memory.
    Last edited by Foreverup; 04-02-12 at 03:43 PM.
    04-02-12 11:42 AM
    I reboot for browser issues before I even have a chance to experience the android app player issues I see many people experience.

Since there is no easy way to control android apps I would suggest getting a task manager to use for better control. The actual android os manages apps and memory much better than the player. Hopefully RIM can improve it.
    I do this but it doesn't help when your task manager won't launch either.
    04-02-12 12:00 PM
    Anyone have to restart the PB to get android apps to work from time to time?
    Not so much...

It does forget all of my settings periodically so I can't play any serious games where I want data to save (i.e. Shoppers Paradise). And I love games like Legends of Yore (thank god for someone having saves stored online).

But sometimes it acts up pretty bad. And I have to try 3-4 times to get an app to start. Or sometimes it goes "black" while loading, and I have to launch the game again without closing the window. And sometimes it just opens nothing and goes to the bluescreen with the apps listed.

Mostly, it just forgets everything though.
    04-02-12 01:18 PM
    Of course if we could root our damn playbooks we would be free to restart the android platform by hand. But nooooo
    04-02-12 01:22 PM
    I'm with Matt, usually it's browser issues for me.
    04-02-12 01:32 PM
    Yup, I get Android app crashes which resort to me having to reboot the device which is really annoying.
    I have not noticed a pattern to the crashes... seem kind of random.

Perhaps it is poor memory management/allocation of resources but I am just speculating.
    04-02-12 01:59 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD