Since the Adobe reader didn't get an update in 2.0, has anyone found a suitable replacement? Really need the bookmarks feature, search would be nice.
    02-21-12 08:25 AM
    ezPDF reader or repligo are android apps that do a good job. The EZPDF one isn't working on OS2 (well, it loads but you can't open PDFs) and the Repligo one I haven't been able to find a BAR file for yet. Working on it
    02-21-12 08:42 AM
    $14.99 for Repligo?? LOL
    02-21-12 01:12 PM
    This is the first thing I looked for in OS2 and am quite surprised they didn't update this. Hopefully 3rd party readers are developed and they allow them into appworld.
    02-21-12 01:19 PM
    Here's the Repligo bar file I just used myself... However, for some reason when I browse "All Files" I can't find the PDFs in the file system. Any ideas how to search the folder structure I would see when I plug my PB into my laptop (i.e. Downloads, Books, Documents, etc)?

RepliGo Reader 3_3_0.bar
    Last edited by jhakkim; 02-21-12 at 01:28 PM.
    mister_turtle and Kirk_Land like this.
    02-21-12 01:24 PM
    This is the first thing I looked for in OS2 and am quite surprised they didn't update this.
    You'd think while they were busily working on buggering up the home screen interface they could have rung up adobe and spec'd out a better PDF reader.

It would have taken them about 30 seconds.

Hello, Adobe? Yeh, this is RIM, we need you to add the following to the PDF reader:
    Searches, links, bookmark support, password protected support, tabs for multiple documents, etc..

Got that? Great. We'll be launching OS2 in 6 months, think you can have it ready?
    02-21-12 02:20 PM
    Here's the Repligo bar file I just used myself... However, for some reason when I browse "All Files" I can't find the PDFs in the file system. Any ideas how to search the folder structure I would see when I plug my PB into my laptop (i.e. Downloads, Books, Documents, etc)?

RepliGo Reader 3_3_0.bar

/accounts/1000/shared

Repligo working perfectly
    jhakkim, mister_turtle and SPNKr like this.
    02-21-12 02:29 PM
    Yeah, Repligo works just fine.
    02-21-12 03:03 PM
    Am I being too picky asking for a PDF reader that I can read in portrait, but adjust the zoom such that I can read it comfortably and have it word wrap with the new zoom settings?

Repligo has the zoom I wanted, but it's not word wrapping. So unfortunately I think I'll go back to Adobe or try another PDF reader.
    02-21-12 04:19 PM
    Does anyone know how to sideload apps on a mac. I can't seem to find proper instructions that are recent on how to do this. Thanks in advance
    02-21-12 04:59 PM
    Are you trying to sideload apps on a mac or onto the PlayBook with a mac?
    02-21-12 05:06 PM
    sideload app from a mac to the playbook
    02-21-12 05:24 PM
    Yeah, Repligo works just fine.
    Has anyone tried the Android version of Adobe Reader, it's free
    Last edited by mplough; 02-21-12 at 09:09 PM.
    02-21-12 08:23 PM
    Has anyone tried the Android version of Adobe Reader, it's free
    Yes and it doesn't work well. Force closes after about 30 seconds. Repligo works like charm.
    02-22-12 12:12 PM
    Yes and it doesn't work well. Force closes after about 30 seconds. Repligo works like charm.
    downloaded the repligo bar file but ddpb does not recognize it meta inf and andriod files can any one help
    02-22-12 01:40 PM

RepliGo Reader 3_3_0.bar
    got to:

/accounts/1000/shared/ (wherever you saved the pdf)

Once you browse to the shared folder, that is where your files you see on your pc in mass storage are, bookmarks, books, documents, etc
    02-22-12 09:37 PM
    How do I install this .bar file?
    02-22-12 11:40 PM
    Never mind, figured out the sideloading thing.

Second question - how can I buy Repligo without the Android Market on my PlayBook?

Third question - please tell me I can have more than one PDF file open at a time some how?
    02-22-12 11:58 PM
    How do I stop the pages from moving around sideways while I scroll them up and down in Repligo?
    02-23-12 01:32 PM
    I used repligo in 2.0 beta and it worked pretty good. I tried to use yesterday with the 2.0 release and I found it to be unstable. Once I opened and closed and few .pdf files it would crash and I would have to re-start in order for it to work again. This happened 4 times and I gave up.
    02-23-12 02:55 PM
    was working awesome for me earlier... but now after 4 tries repligo doesn't want to open for me. any thoughts?
    02-24-12 01:15 PM
    How do I stop the pages from moving around sideways while I scroll them up and down in Repligo?
    I'd love to know that as well...
    02-24-12 02:32 PM
    i sideloaded repgligo and it works ok, but a few things aren't working perfectly (ex some pages in my pdf don't load..showing error).

While it's a decent work around from the native adobe..is there a proper appworld pdf reader alternative that someone can suggest. I just need a reader that can search and click on the links within the pdf (can't believe adobe reader doesn't do these). Also, be nice to have a back button since i am using a pdf with links (repligo doesn't seem to have a back button).

wish there was goodreader for the playbook...
    02-24-12 07:50 PM
    I love that repligo has a search function for pdfs, before os 2.0 came out I wrote repligo to see if theyre going to release a playbook version, but they said there wasnt enough interest, so thats what inspired me to convert it myself lol. I think if more people were to ask about it they might make a pb version
    02-24-12 09:47 PM
    Repligo bookmarks feature resolved.

Anyone using Repligo may have noticed that the first time you load a PDF you get a menu bar at the top that has bookmarks and search. The bottom shows the thumbnail views. After you go into the document this feature goes away. If you scroll from the top down you get another menu for save/open/zoom, etc.
    To relaunch the the search and bookmarks bar, hold down 1 finger anywhere outside of the viewable screen area and then touch the viewable area with another, the menu will reappear.
    02-25-12 11:06 AM
29 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD