Hi all,

Zinio apply has been excellent until now but the July subscription will not pull down. It is on the Web sites, but will not pull to the PlayBook.

Is it just me or is this happening to others?

Many thanks
    07-08-12 06:06 PM
    Same here, I am not receiving my subscription to National Geographic for July. Zinio has also removed the RIM logo from their list of supported platforms for this magazine - I suggest you demand a refund.
    07-08-12 09:48 PM
    I was having trouble so uninstalled, re-booted and reinstalled and everything is good for my subscriptions, don't have NG though
    07-08-12 11:22 PM
    Thanks for the info. My subs is with nat geo also so will chase up with them.
    07-09-12 01:22 AM
    Deleting the app and rebooting does not work. July issue of NG is not available to download on the Playbook. I have not yet contacted Zinio for a refund... Does anyone have an update?
    07-09-12 07:45 AM
    I'm having the same problem. No July National Geographic. I have noticed in the past that the National Geographic release usually lags the iPad interactive one by a couple days, but this has been a week now. If anyone hears from Zinio as to what is going on, please post.
    07-09-12 08:57 AM
    I contacted them and hoped it it was just the same thing as with the May issue (by mistake it wasn't PlayBook enabled for a couple of days) but they answered that interactive magazines are not compatible with the WebOS and PlayBook apps (?), they are working on supporting it and if NG stays that way, I can switch to another subscription or get a refund. The other language versions, which can still be found on the PlayBook apps store, are without videos, I guess - a better solution than not offering it at all.
    Last edited by Rjinswand; 07-09-12 at 09:20 AM.
    07-09-12 09:11 AM
    I contacted them and hoped it it was just the same thing as with the May issue (by mistake it wasn't PlayBook enabled for a couple of days) but they answered that interactive magazines are not compatible with the WebOS and PlayBook apps (?), they are working on supporting it and if NG stays that way, I can switch to another subscription or get a refund. The other language versions, which can still be found on the PlayBook apps store, are without videos, I guess - a better solution than not offering it at all.

What they told you is pure BS.

I had the National Geographic subscription from March (when the application originally launched on the PlayBook). I believe the ONLY English National Geographic magazine is the interactive one.

Back on to the point. The point is the interactive ones work perfectly fine, heck they even have a nice custom video player for the interactive content.
    07-09-12 11:08 AM
    I didn't have any problems viewing integrated videos either and pointed that out in a reply and that feedback form they link to in support mails. It'd be a good addition if we could also access the iPad edition content, though.
    Well, at the moment, I'd be glad to be able to read the magazine on my PlayBook at all.
    And yes, the Interactive one is the only offered English edition.
    Last edited by Rjinswand; 07-09-12 at 12:33 PM.
    07-09-12 12:28 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD