Whenever I work on a new software project, I go through these emotional phases:

1. Mad excitement when I've just come up with a new idea
    2. All-encompassing drive and effort to get the first bit of the app coded while the excitement still has me
    3. The slow dawning realization deep in my stomach that finishing the app so it's end user friendly (as opposed to "works, but so ugly nobody would use it") will take another month or two
    4. Mild irritation and massive impatience as I rush to get the last bit done and the app submitted

I'm in still in phase two right now, and because I've already written one app, I think my experience gives me a good chance to skip over #3 and go directly to #4. Now you know why so many apps (or at least mine) are ugly!

Anyways, back to the original question: Any other app developers for the PlayBook out there who are quietly working away on something great? In my case, I think my app will take my PlayBook from a state of "I guess I should put it in my messenger bag and cart it around with me" to "I definitely need to have my PlayBook on me at all times." Hopefully others will feel the same.
    04-03-12 07:57 AM
    I'm currently working on a PlayBook version of my BlackBerry App SpeedNotes. Time is limited at the moment though.
    04-03-12 10:43 AM
    I've been starting with basic web apps so far
    04-03-12 10:45 AM
    Looking forward to whatever you creative types care to release. As I just wrote elsewhere, I have not programmed much since the days of Cobol and then later dbaseII!!!!! Always tweaking..... tweaking.... tweaking...................
    04-03-12 11:24 AM
    I'm working on a baseball/softball scorebook app that has ability to direct upload stats to slowpitchstats.com for my softball team.
    04-03-12 01:32 PM
    All i can ask it make it a decent app. I have grown tired of developers rushing an app out just to get it out on the BB platform and it works half arsed. I have made a personal choice not to side load apps because I feel that the developers are getting lazy about programming for the blackberry platform.

I can't wait to see your app and I hope you advertise it here. So far I have spent about 40 bucks on apps for my playbook and I don't regret any money spent. Now if I could get a decent Basketball stats app and a scuba diving logging app I would now have the perfect playbook for me.
    04-03-12 02:31 PM
    All i can ask it make it a decent app. I have grown tired of developers rushing an app out just to get it out on the BB platform and it works half arsed. I have made a personal choice not to side load apps because I feel that the developers are getting lazy about programming for the blackberry platform.

I can't wait to see your app and I hope you advertise it here. So far I have spent about 40 bucks on apps for my playbook and I don't regret any money spent. Now if I could get a decent Basketball stats app and a scuba diving logging app I would now have the perfect playbook for me.
    Yeah, I've also grown extremely wary of apps that look like they're using Android. They're all pretty bad performers in my experience.

I will certainly do a big thread in the Apps section and will also talk to the CrackBerry guys about seeing if I can get a post written up about the app on the main page.

If you've got the time, would you mind giving a brief explanation of what in your mind would constitute a "decent" basketball stats app - I assume by that you mean one with which you can check the scores and stats in the NBA? At my day job I happen to work for Rogers (though not as an mobile developer, oddly enough) and we're definitely planning on putting some good Sportsnet apps out in the medium-term future.
    04-03-12 02:36 PM
    I go through these emotional phases:

I also do that when i try to use certain apps
    04-03-12 02:40 PM
    I'd be excited if I could build apps, because i'd be making a person v person texas hold em app and anticipating the thousands of dollars I would make. PLEASE someone do this ! PLEAse!!
    04-03-12 02:53 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD