Hi

Just set up a home Plex server for music and videos and out of curiosity, dug out two old Playbooks from the bottom drawer. Web interface doesn't seem to do much - connects and gets a Plex home screen that shows no items - using Origami or the native. Am I missing something?

Also see people recommend Kalemsoft app for connecting to Plex but no longer on World (of course) and no response from Kalemsoft (are they gone?)

Do I have any other options? Is the Kalemsoft app still available anywhere, anyhow? Or is it back in the drawer for the Playbooks?

Cheers

Andy
    07-28-19 12:10 PM
    Is the Kalemsoft app still available anywhere, anyhow? Or is it back in the drawer for the Playbooks?
    Still available at: KalemSoft - Products

p.s. sorry, can't help with Plex but I stream with Kalemsoft all the time from my personal cloud and laptop.
    07-28-19 03:51 PM
    Brilliant, thanks - will give it a go. I must have followed an old link as the page I found just told me to download from Blackberry World.
    Cheers
    Andy
    07-28-19 04:02 PM
    Hi

Well, I did manage to download and install it and it seems to work. I don't get the full Plex experience but can browse content on the local Plex server and and play videos including .mkv files. Still can't find a way to register and pay for it though, as the Kalemsoft site just says to pay via Playbook World. Also haven't yet figured out how to stream over the internet as this seems to require use of Kalemsoft servers for which you have to be registered.

Some progress at least.

Cheers

Andy
    anon(5597702) likes this.
    07-29-19 07:30 AM
    Still can't find a way to register and pay for it though, as the Kalemsoft site just says to pay via Playbook World
    Contact them by email - pretty sure there is an email/help somewhere on that page.
    07-29-19 12:26 PM
    There is a form but it requires a Captcha which does not show up so no go.

Cheers
    Andy
    07-30-19 07:56 AM
    There is a form but it requires a Captcha which does not show up so no go.

Cheers
    Andy
    Hey advb,

Are you not able to buy from here?

KalemSoft - Store
    advb likes this.
    08-15-19 09:55 PM