Hi

I've had a look in the forums but couldn't find any answer to this. I was wondering if anyone can help.
    I've been having problems with the wifi on my Playbook since the last update (yes I've read the forum suggestions but can't change my router settings), so have been doing a lot of hard resets (power, and 2 volume button combo), which seems to be helping.
    I have QuickPull installed on my phone to do a hard reset ever morning (I have a Pearl 3G and it often runs sluggy after a couple of days).

Is there an app for the Playbook which will schedule a rest like Quickpull on my phone or some way to do this that does not involve a hair clip to press the power button, while sticking the PB between my knees to get the combo right?!

Any help would be great!
    11-28-11 03:51 PM
    Hi

I've had a look in the forums but couldn't find any answer to this. I was wondering if anyone can help.
    I've been having problems with the wifi on my Playbook since the last update (yes I've read the forum suggestions but can't change my router settings), so have been doing a lot of hard resets (power, and 2 volume button combo), which seems to be helping.
    I have QuickPull installed on my phone to do a hard reset ever morning (I have a Pearl 3G and it often runs sluggy after a couple of days).

Is there an app for the Playbook which will schedule a rest like Quickpull on my phone or some way to do this that does not involve a hair clip to press the power button, while sticking the PB between my knees to get the combo right?!

Any help would be great!
    I hope you can find a way to resolve your underlying problem with WiFi. I very seldom shut my device off and it has behaved itself remarkabky well.

There is no equivalent of Quickpull. You can reboot by tapping on the battery icon and then "Restart". If you really want to do a hard reset, it is most effective to use the fleshy part of your finger to depress the power button rather than a paper clip - counter-intuitive, I know, but it works!.
    11-28-11 04:04 PM
    yeah why not use the reset button?
    11-28-11 04:32 PM
    yeah why not use the reset button?
    Hi. I've been using the reset button too but it doesn't seem to help my wifi issue as well as a hard reset. I'm going to try and sort the router settings at the weekend but my partner has forgotten what the username and password is to log into it (if only he would have left it as Admin and password!)
    11-29-11 12:17 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD