I was wondering if any of you had a dog? I have a Doberman Pinscher and I also develop apps for the Playbook. All of my dog's documents are not very organized.

Question:
    Would you want an app to keep track of your pet's information?

What would you want in the app?
    Features?

How much would you pay for it?

Thanks for your input!
    03-11-12 04:31 PM
    Some people have a lot of pets they have to medicate, I don't but maybe those people would like an app to keep track or what medication to give which dog at which time or something? Can't be too bad of an idea. :P
    03-11-12 05:50 PM
    I'm sure a lot of us do have pets. That is a cool idea. As for me, I would not pay more than a few bucks for it unless it was very detailed. For bigger bucks I would want to have a chart similar to the vets. It would need to cover exotic pets as well. Again, great idea!
    03-11-12 05:53 PM
    I agree with Amazon_1 and zethaaron. I have an old Beagle that occasionally takes medicine and I have had exotic pets. My bf has an exotic bird and he would use it too. This is a fantastic idea you are onto...IMHO.
    03-11-12 06:07 PM
    Would be nice. What i would like to see in it.
    1. Profiles that allows you to take multiple pictures to attach with pet description
    2. Block for entering tag and microchip info
    3. Block for vet info and emergency contact
    4. Shot / medication calendar or integration into PB calendar
    5. Place for attaching papers/pedigree that is viewable from app.
    I would pay a few bucks for that.
    03-11-12 06:55 PM
    1. Profiles that allows you to take multiple pictures to attach with pet description
    That's an excellent list of features. I have two cats and a Canary and would also pay a few bucks for such an app.

One of our cats is just under 2 years old, the other is 20 and on a few meds so this would definitely be a useful app. Here is a photo of the two of them in one of there more relaxed moments.
    03-11-12 07:45 PM
    you Guys seem to be Just adding a PET tab and some kind of pet related icon onto the groovynotes personal assistant.... im pretty sure that does all that you would need, with its calendars and multiple blocks and things, only thing im not sure about is picture storage...
    03-11-12 09:53 PM
    I am looking forward to keeping you all posted on the progress. All the responses are very reassuring that there's a need for this outside my own need.

03-13-12 08:19 PM
    Yes, I have a miniature Doberman Pinscher named "Buddy" he's 3 yrs old. He likes to look at other dogs on my PlayBook when I browse....he barks at them...funny. I think you have a good idea for an app
    03-13-12 08:26 PM
    Let me know when you get further along with your app and I'll review it on my site Petntek
    Keep us updated on the progress.
    03-14-12 08:52 AM
    I'd be interested. $0.99 for such an app would be fair.
    03-14-12 09:38 AM

I would also add I agree with this, I would also add a records/receipt log for vet visits what what was done for that visit costs etc. integrating to the playbook calendar for reminders would almost be a must for shots, heart worm, flea/tick, meds. etc.
    03-14-12 09:51 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD