Anybody know if there is any Antivirus/Malware client coming for the PlayBook soon? My company's security policy won't let anything on our wireless network unless it has AV/Malware running. (Yes, I know if there is no AV/Malware, the chances of a BlackBerry PlayBook virus/malware are nearly non-existant... but that won't help me with the security police). We use Juniper Pulse for BB devices, iPad's, Androids but I can't find anything about them supporting PlayBook. Seems like a fairly big omission for a "professional tablet". Thanks.
    05-10-11 08:29 AM
    When was the last time a BB received a virus? I've only had mine for 4+ years and never had a problem.
    05-10-11 08:34 AM
    Contact Juniper Pulse i think that they would be more than willing to make a av/malware app. other wise no i don't think that we have any known but then again were still in the dark about alot of things.
    05-10-11 08:34 AM
    When was the last time a BB received a virus? I've only had mine for 4+ years and never had a problem.
    valid point but IT wants something he's kind of required to do it. otherwise he won't be able to use their net or transfer file onto a computer with the risk of opening the flood gates.
    05-10-11 08:36 AM
    I've had BlackBerry's since the mid 90's and have never had a virus/malware but that hasn't stopped our IT department from deploying Juniper Pulse to them (recently) and declaring that all such devices have to have Malware/AV... problem is that Android and iPad/iPhone are supported and PlayBook isn't. This is nuts for a company with >100K BlackBerrys but that's the current state.
    05-11-11 06:29 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD