Is there a chance for PB to have an app like skype? Im still stuck on using my ipod for chatting on skype, im still hoping for this device to have that kind of app otherwise, im going to give it up and consider buying a laptop or another tablet.
    03-15-12 12:42 AM
    To answer your question, yes, there is a chance that one day it will be available on the PlayBook.

Now if/when that would actually happen is anyone's guess.
    03-15-12 01:14 AM
    Then go and buy something that suits your needs now.

You're alays welcome to buy another PB when the apps you want are finally here.

"Skype/NetFlix/I may sell" threads are getting really old....
    TRlPPlN likes this.
    03-15-12 01:21 AM
    Is there a chance for PB to have an app like skype? Im still stuck on using my ipod for chatting on skype, im still hoping for this device to have that kind of app otherwise, im going to give it up and consider buying a laptop or another tablet.

Residential | ePhone | Comwave For $20 a year. this is a good deal. It's so cheap you can purchase it for loved ones. If you want to video chat grandma and the family, this could be a good option.
    03-15-12 01:34 AM
    I just want to add, we here in the Middle East feel more frustrated, not because we don't have Skype but because we don't have the video chat app available to us due to local regulatory authority OR Service Provider politics.

Anyway, I'm sure it must be good to be able to use that front facing camera for regular playbook to playbook video chat. I wouldn't know, because I am just using it for those rare instances when I want to grab a quick snap of myself. But, all of this forces me to use the rear HD camera to capture videos, upload to box.com & share with family & friends. If I can't do live chat, this is the next best thing. I'll be damned if I let Microsoft/RIM/local laws stop me from realizing the full potential of this under-priced tablet.
    03-15-12 01:50 AM
    Hey why dont you use Reelportal apps, they work as i often use it to chat with my parents on PC. Also use AIM video chat through browser sometimes, great way to have 4 way chatting.
    03-15-12 02:43 AM
    If you really wanna video chat then there are many ways besides Skype.

Edit.. until then this is one of those I want Skype threads
    03-15-12 03:00 AM
    mmmmhhhh ... wondering ...

P.S: don't get over excited ... probably it won't be anything than a temporary workaround for some of us ;-)
    03-15-12 03:20 AM
    Personally I would like RIM to add video chat to desktop manager. Then we could chat with any other BlackBerry ID user via their PC. Not only would it increase the number of friends/family you could communicate with but it may also push sale as non PB owners see the possibilities. Though i can see the biggest problem being the moment RIM. Does so Skype will release their app.

Curiously though, why has no one repackaged and sideloaded this yet?
    03-15-12 03:41 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD