Apologies if this has been answered already, I searched and couldn't find an answer.

Are there any alternative browsers available for the PB OS 1.x that use a proxy like Opera Mini? Reason for this is because a lot of sites are blocked at work and the only way I've been able to access them on my BB is by using a browser that has a proxy like Opera Mini or Bolt.
    12-03-11 11:03 AM
    Well, if you were on OS2, you could use the Android browsers. I know Bolt, Dolphin and at least the stock Android browser work on OS2. I can't remember if Skyfire worked. I could not get Opera to work though.

So far there are no other browsers like that, for the Playbook OS. One of the members here made a browser to change the user ID (Safari, Chrome, Android, etc.) but it's needs to be sideloadsd. Not sure if that's enough to help in your situation.
    Dark_Horse likes this.
    12-03-11 11:12 AM
    Thanks for the reply, yes, I read about the other browsers working on OS2. Looks like I'll have to wait for the official release of this since installing the beta dev version is out of the question.
    12-03-11 11:19 AM
    Look for KermEd's desktop browser from this thread:

http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?t=663236
    12-03-11 01:22 PM
    I don't think that desktop browser uses a proxy like Opera Mini/Bolt so it wouldn't help to access blocked sites.
    12-05-11 08:09 AM
    which blocked sites are u refering to specifcally grooveshark works on Beta right now.
    12-05-11 02:43 PM
    There are loads of sites that are blocked in the Middle East (I travel there frequently) and using beta software is not possible. No idea what Grooveshark is, a quick search brought up an app that is used for listening to music, don't see how that would help browse blocked sites!
    12-08-11 07:41 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD