Hi there,

my question sunk down in another thread. So here an own thread ...

In Pictures function, PB OS2 cannot sort pictures by name OR date (mod or create date) OR EXIF-Date or any other criteria. So basically I have to rename the names on PC to perform sorting. Pictures function supports somehow folders at least to bin into months.

Is there an app or some other way to re-sort spontaniously and finger-slide oder auto-slideshow thru these re-sorted pix?

Worse for video function: Does not even honor folders. Filename is not the sort criteria on PB-made videos, but some internal name. You cant sort by chronological order, even if you rename the video files

Is there an app also covering this issue, by letting re-sort?

As last point, on my bada Phone I have an OS-level media gallery that even can mix photos and videos. So if you slide thru, when its a video you just press start. After that you continue in your sorted gallery.

A PB-App capable of all these would be welcomed.
    09-05-12 05:58 PM
    Files & Folders has a handy slideshow feature. You can also sort your files in various ways, and the slideshow respects your sort method. Not for video though. Take the trial version for a spin to see whether it works for you:
    09-05-12 07:43 PM
    Here is a link explaining how I manage my photos - you may find it helpful.
    I am interested in photo management solution as well.....

http://forums.crackberry.com/playboo...-combo-682769/
    09-05-12 08:16 PM
    Maybe the folks at Innovatology will make a photo specific file manager - port some of the features of FF and mix it up with some nice slideshow features and transitions/titles, camera tricks/filters or posting to social media and bingo -
    Innovatology likes this.
    09-05-12 08:19 PM
    Thanks for these hints, that sounds good.

Maybe the folks at Innovatology will make a photo specific file manager - port some of the features of FF and mix it up with some nice slideshow features and transitions/titles, camera tricks/filters or posting to social media and bingo -
    Yes, really! Instead of overloading the file manager, offering a second app. Do you think that "mix pix and videos" feature idea is realistic on Playbook at all? I dont know about majority, but I see when we come back from vacation we have a mix of these on our devices. And Playbook is the ideal device to collect and review these.

Ray
    09-06-12 06:09 AM
    Hi Ray, I think the idea is entirely realistic and a very good usage scenario. I would by such an app myself as one of my pain points coming back from vacation is figuring out which photo/video to keep and which one to throw out.
    09-06-12 08:31 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD