Is there any Native anti-theft apps for Playbook? I need one, please recommend.
    Thank you.
    09-18-12 10:03 PM
    The API provided almost impossible for us to build anti theft app.. it don't allow us to run app background service
    09-19-12 07:10 AM
    Password protect your PlayBook and know your PIN number so if your PlayBook falls into the wrong hands you can have RIM lock your PIN to prevent the OS from being reinstalled after a security wipe. A business card tucked in your case offering a reward may also come in handy. Lastly you may want to contact your insurance agent to see if a renters or homeowners policy covers your PlayBook if stolen, deductible amounts my make this option not worth it.

I seriously hope that none of us every falls victim to thievery.
    09-19-12 07:43 AM
    What are you trying to achieve with the anti-theft? If you want to protect your data, you need to use a password. If you want to try to recover a lost PlayBook, there currently is not any service or Application to help locate a lost PlayBook.

Currently the best you can do is just call RIM when you loose your PlayBook and report it stolen. You may need to provide some sort of proof that you own it if you hadn't previously registered it with RIM support.
    09-19-12 08:08 AM
    I edited my Wallpaper that shows on startup and added an email address to the image.
    pick1eberry likes this.
    09-19-12 09:33 AM
    if someone stole a playbook, they wouldnt be interested in using it, it will be sold on as quick as possible, so nothing mentioned so far will do jack.
    09-19-12 10:35 AM
    Hopefully BlackBerry Protect will include BB10 devices in the future. If that does happen, then hopefully the PlayBook will be included when it gets BB10. Until then, add a password and keep note of the PIN.
    09-19-12 11:11 AM
    Yes,the BlackBerry Protect works great on my BB,and having the app on the PB to track is great, just wish it was on the PB also.
    09-19-12 02:54 PM
    As we can't get BlackBerry Protect on the PlayBook......

Could RIM program the Playbook to display a message on the screen after doing a security wipe.

This PlayBook May Have been Lost or Stolen
    Please Enter PIN Number
    To Start Software Installation

09-21-12 01:31 PM
    if someone stole a playbook, they wouldnt be interested in using it, it will be sold on as quick as possible, so nothing mentioned so far will do jack.
    Anyone that will buy the stolen playbook will use it... no ?

Your post make no sense.
    09-21-12 01:57 PM
    [YT]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tCJqpSKqlzY[/YT]

Sorry, I know that wasn't helpful, but I couldn't resist
    09-23-12 06:26 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD