I was at the mall, eating burger with my brother. He had an apple iPhone with him and we were trying to register for a free wifi service. We filled up the forms and registered, but the iPhone kept giving us "security code invalid" error message. So I fired up my pb, and registered from its browser. Voila, just one go and we successfully registered ourselves.

I gave a hint of smug-smile,
    KermEd likes this.
    12-25-11 01:52 AM
    I know some open guest wifi networks that are nasty to mobile devices like certain phones and tabs but perfectly friendly to windows or mac laptops.

ie. At a hospital I tried to access their guest wifi on laptop. Hit my browser and the hospital login interface replaced my usual default browser start page, where I was able to login with that webpage's password instructions. No option was given to do that on my android phone, or my PB
    12-25-11 02:00 AM
    I know some open guest wifi networks that are nasty to mobile devices like certain phones and tabs but perfectly friendly to windows or mac laptops.

ie. At a hospital I tried to access their guest wifi on laptop. Hit my browser and the hospital login interface replaced my usual default browser start page, where I was able to login with that webpage's password instructions. No option was given to do that on my android phone, or my PB
    in this case, the wifi service was nasty to the iPhone but not to the Playbook
    12-25-11 03:05 AM
    I have enjoyed a few times when my PB and my Bold out performed iphones and ipads. Each time it gave me a warm fuzzy feeling.
    12-25-11 09:49 AM
    I was at the mall, eating burger with my brother. He had an apple iPhone with him and we were trying to register for a free wifi service. We filled up the forms and registered, but the iPhone kept giving us "security code invalid" error message. So I fired up my pb, and registered from its browser. Voila, just one go and we successfully registered ourselves.

I gave a hint of smug-smile,

Cool story!

Ive seen a number of people have issues with their iphones on the mcdonalds wifi. i whipout my playbook and start commenting on how fast the wifi is - just loud enough so they can hear im connected and working on my playbook. Im an , but it is fun to win even small battles.
    12-25-11 01:40 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD