Not sure about the rest of you, but I'm a huge F1 fan so I was all pumped for the 2012 season. Wanted to see if they had the new tracking app available for download and then disappoint.

While they say its coming soon, the season starts in 6 days grr. Along with a coming soon tag, it says restricted functionality for Blackberries. Like why? Our PB and Phones and more than powerful enough.

Formula 1

It's small things like this that slowly make me regret by purchase. I know I will get flamed for that comment, but come on why is every company hating on BB. Its like are slowly being isolated and embargoed.
    03-09-12 02:16 PM
    Im a big F1 fan too. Im more annoyed over the BBC not showing all races live gggrrrr

Just bookmark the F1 site then go see the live times from there.

Red Bull will probably win the Championship again however big up Mclaren !!!
    03-09-12 02:24 PM
    Send me the .apk file of the app (if its availble) and i convert it

Jeroen
    03-09-12 02:32 PM
    Send me the .apk file of the app (if its availble) and i convert it

Jeroen
    I would but its a paid app, $20 dollars. Not risking buying it and it not working.
    03-09-12 02:44 PM
    The ScoreMobile app does give some pretty good info, but I've no experience of live timings on it.

This is a shame though- had the maxis f1 app on my pb last year and it was great for news and timings etc. Was quite looking forward to this years app (presuming you're talking about the same thing...)
    03-09-12 02:53 PM
    in all fairness the season hasn't begun yet, its possible it will still be out before the season starts.
    03-09-12 02:55 PM
    This is an app i'd like to see as well. Shouldn't be long the 'i do not use this app so it is not an issue for me' crowd will be chirping in...
    03-09-12 03:01 PM
    in all fairness the season hasn't begun yet, its possible it will still be out before the season starts.
    I understand that part, which is true. But why should the BB app be restricted in features?
    03-09-12 03:03 PM
    The ScoreMobile app does give some pretty good info, but I've no experience of live timings on it.

This is a shame though- had the maxis f1 app on my pb last year and it was great for news and timings etc. Was quite looking forward to this years app (presuming you're talking about the same thing...)
    This app is a bit more intensive then the maxis app. This one gives you drs zones, live timings, ability to follow your fav driver, live commentary, and more
    03-09-12 03:05 PM
    There are many playbook F1 apps.

By the way lets hope Kubica will be back next season !
    03-09-12 03:09 PM
    There are many playbook F1 apps.

By the way lets hope Kubica will be back next season !
    Yes, but none of them do what this app does.
    03-09-12 03:33 PM
    There is no website you can create an account on and setup to show the info you want? What do people that use computers do?

I know I went there but I can't believe people need an app for everything under the sun.
    03-09-12 03:50 PM
    Hoping this gets updated to work too. Love my F1. OT: watched a show last week called Gran Prix (no, not the one with James Garner, although I watched it too) but the documentary of F1 back in the sixties. Very tough to watch all the fiery crashes, and all the drivers that lost their lives. We're getting a '67 Lotus for our racing sim (iRacing) later this year and cant hardly stand the wait. Loved GPL too.
    03-09-12 04:34 PM
    03-09-12 11:31 PM

EDIT: NVM, I thought it was for Playbook. Darn.
    03-09-12 11:52 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD