I used File Browser to copy two video files from my bb's sd card to my pb. The files did not show up initially in File Browser but did show up in the Video App. I've rebooted.

The ODDITY: neither file shows in in any of 3 file managers/explorers. As I said, I copied the file using File Browser - and it does not show the files. I checked using the Air Browser - no files. I also checked with File Commander - same - no files. I've again restarted the PB.

Closed them all, reopened - no files. But, again, I open the video app and there they are.

Those videos are just plain "missing" in those file manager apps.

But more interesting - more videos don't show up in the Managers.

According to my wifi-sharing and now a corded usb connection, there are 20 video files in the actual video folder.

But all three file manager apps agree - there are only 13 files showing. Again, the video app shows the "missing" files and even plays them.

Two .mov files are not shown but also a mix of mp3 and avi files are also not shown.

So it either depends on some naming convention or maybe how they were moved/copied to the PB. I did notice one other thing. The Demo video shows in the 3 managers but not in Explorer. So the "folders" shown by the Managers must be some virtual folder since it includes that sample video.

I have not checked to see if there's similar behavior in other folders.

Anybody makes heads or tails of this? Any of the File Explorer/Manager programmers have an idea?
    06-01-11 11:51 AM
    Being that QNX is a "*nix" posix clone the file properties may be set to hidden. Perhaps the file managers won't show those or there is a setting you need to enable to get them to show hidden files.
    06-01-11 01:27 PM
    Just checked the properties. They are NOT hidden and NOT system.

All the file extensions are LOWERCASE. I have not diddled too much with the filenames. I did change one last night and it did not help. But the names of the ones showing versus the ones not showing seem similar. Some SPACES, some DASHES, some numbers.
    06-01-11 01:46 PM
    I am bumping this because I've now found another oddity.

I purchased the Subtitle application. I copied over two avi files and their associated subtitle files. But like I mentioned above, these new avi files show up in the PB's Video app and actually play. But do not show up in the SRT (subtitle) app program. Only those same 12/13 videos show while the other 9 or so are "missing" in action.
    06-02-11 01:01 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD