Well if this isn't the EASIEST app to use! Very well done OP! and I was the second person to leave you feedback on appworld!

Thanks!
    danielbigham likes this.
    03-17-12 10:43 PM
    It should be available everywhere. Does the link not work for you?
    Not available for my region, Thailand.
    03-17-12 11:06 PM
    From this App AND being bridged, you can also send pics that are on your phone's media card to your PC.... AweSome!
    rotorwrench likes this.
    03-17-12 11:12 PM
    Hi OP i would love to try your app but it is not.available in my country (greece) could you have a look at that and advise?

Thanks a lot!!.

Hey all,

I'd like to introduce my next app "Send to PC". It's aim is to make it as quick and easy to send a file from your PlayBook to your PC, and even open a Windows Explorer window on your PC with that file selected so that you don't have to go browsing for it.

Handy for sending a photo, a video, a document, etc.

Send To PC on App World

If you give it a try, reply to this thread and let me know what you think!
    03-18-12 12:21 AM
    I have tried that, but it won't work for me, neither by usb or wifi, one of the reasons it's because it asks for a password. Have tried several none work and it won't let me change it either.....sigh
    I think the password it is requesting is your WINDOWS login password .. maybe ..
    elbo likes this.
    03-18-12 12:38 AM
    Great app so far .. works just as advertised .. including sending files from bridged phone to PC .. nice
    danielbigham likes this.
    03-18-12 12:40 AM
    No he probably meant when out in the field without wifi to use the bridge connection to do the same.
    Send as email attachment using bridge
    03-18-12 01:52 AM
    If "Send to PC" is successful I will make a "Send to Mac"
    And a version for GNU/Linux, please. A command-line version without a GUI would be sufficient. If you need any assistance porting the Send to PC application to GNU/Linux just drop me a private message.
    03-18-12 05:30 AM
    Well if this isn't the EASIEST app to use! Very well done OP! and I was the second person to leave you feedback on appworld!

Thanks!
    Thanks so much!!
    03-18-12 05:33 AM
    Awesome! Received and installed in South Africa. No hassles.
    danielbigham likes this.
    03-18-12 05:55 AM
    Awesome! Received and installed in South Africa. No hassles.
    Thanks! Glad to hear it worked in another country. Perhaps the issues people were having in Mexico and the UK were temporary.
    03-18-12 06:04 AM
    Badboy I tried windows password including admin and still no go, was told I might have to do a security wipe, but don't want to do that, hopefully I will be able to figure this mess out
    03-18-12 07:51 AM
    So what advantage does this app have over the built-in Wifi sharing feature of the PB? I guess one could argue that this app gives you the ability to transfer files to your PB over Wifi without having to set a password on the PB, but isn't there more to it than that? I've never used the Wifi sharing feature of my PB for that exact reason, so I don't know its limitations; does it also allow you to send files from your bridged BB to your PC as this app does, or is that an advantage of the app as well?
    03-18-12 10:52 AM
    Here's my take on it, but the OP should be able to answer your questions better.....
    This App just makes it easier to wifi the files TO your PC (one direction) vs. doing it with wifi sharing (that you could do bi-directional).... The App was $ .99 plus tax (for me) came to $1.07 and well worth the price!

EDIT: This afternoon (3pm CST)..I noticed that this App is now $1.99.

hope this helps some..

So what advantage does this app have over the built-in Wifi sharing feature of the PB?

You don't have to set up wifi sharing on your PB or your PC

I guess one could argue that this app gives you the ability to transfer files to your PB over Wifi without having to set a password on the PB, but isn't there more to it than that?

This App gives you the ability to transfer files FROM your PB TO your PC into one folder in you PC. ..documents/from playbook.. all transfered files will be in one folder for ease of finding.

I've never used the Wifi sharing feature of my PB for that exact reason, so I don't know its limitations; does it also allow you to send files from your bridged BB to your PC as this app does, or is that an advantage of the app as well?

The wifi sharing used before, would allow you to transfer files to either your BB or PB either direction. This App sends files only from (not bi-directional) your PB to the PC. From your PB you can browse to your Bridged BB and go to media card and send those files to your PC
    Last edited by jafobabe; 03-18-12 at 03:34 PM.
    danielbigham likes this.
    03-18-12 11:08 AM
    Just installed on my pb and pc but I get an error saying it can't connect so I manually put in the ip address and it still doesn't connect. I'll play with my wifi settings later and see what I can find.
    03-18-12 04:00 PM
    I installed the app and it works great. How difficult would it be to modify your program to be able to select multiple files or all files in a specific folder?

Thanks!
    03-18-12 07:15 PM
    Just sideload ES File Explorer and you can transfer from PB to PC and more.
    03-18-12 08:35 PM
    Again with increasing the price? You did this with iTunes Sync, from 0.99 to 3.99. Next time its better to decide on a price and stick with it.
    03-18-12 09:51 PM
    I'm sure the beginning low price was for a 24 hr period as being a new app.
    03-18-12 10:08 PM
    Very useful app!
    danielbigham likes this.
    03-18-12 10:14 PM
    Thanks for the app. Works great for me!
    danielbigham likes this.
    03-18-12 10:29 PM
    Just installed on my pb and pc but I get an error saying it can't connect so I manually put in the ip address and it still doesn't connect. I'll play with my wifi settings later and see what I can find.
    If you're still having trouble, send me an email at [email protected].
    SnoozerBold likes this.
    03-18-12 10:45 PM
    Again with increasing the price? You did this with iTunes Sync, from 0.99 to 3.99. Next time its better to decide on a price and stick with it.
    The trouble is, it's really hard to guess what a program is worth. The second issue is, if an app is too expensive when it's released, you run the risk that no one will be willing to try the app, and it will fall flat.

My personal sense of a good approach is to intro apps at 99 cents or $1.99, and if you get a strong response that indicates that it's an application that is really useful to people, and especially if you get reviews saying "I would have paid 10 bucks for this", or "I would have paid triple for this", as I have, then that's a good indicates that the app is worth more than 99 cents.

Generally in business, people want to feel out the elasticity of demand and choose a price that maximizes profits. If something is too cheap, then you run the risk of missing out of a significant opportunity. If something is too expensive, then people won't buy it. The happy middle ground is usually where it makes sense to price an app, but that takes some experimentation to find.

My best guess for my "Send to PC" app is that it's likely worth $1.99, but perhaps it's worth $2.99. Not sure... coincidentally, I found my own app really useful tonight when I was composing an email on my PC and wanted to grab a PlayBook screenshot to include. I took the screenshot, sent over the file, and then dragged over the image into the email. Bingo. That kind of simplicity makes me smile, and that's worth something!
    BuzzStarField likes this.
    03-18-12 10:54 PM
    I installed the app and it works great. How difficult would it be to modify your program to be able to select multiple files or all files in a specific folder?

Thanks!
    Yes, good points. As many people might agree, the default file browser on the PlayBook for selecting a file is extremely simplistic.

Good thoughts for enhancing the app...
    03-18-12 11:18 PM
    If you're still having trouble, send me an email at [email protected].
    Thanks. I'm still having issues so I'll shoot you off an email in the morning when I get to work. Been a long day and I'm too tired tonight.
    03-19-12 07:53 PM
50 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD