Hey all,

I'd like to introduce my next app "Send to PC". It's aim is to make it as quick and easy to send a file from your PlayBook to your PC, and even open a Windows Explorer window on your PC with that file selected so that you don't have to go browsing for it.

Handy for sending a photo, a video, a document, etc.

Send To PC on App World

If you give it a try, reply to this thread and let me know what you think!

----

UPDATE: I've also released my Print app this weekend. Here's the forum thread announcing that app and some other recent apps I've collaborated on.
    Last edited by danielbigham; 03-18-12 at 06:25 AM.
    03-17-12 07:48 PM
    Edit: the link didn't work for Mexico but I could found it by searching.

Would you make it available to Mexico please?
    Last edited by JMM2013A; 03-17-12 at 11:34 PM.
    03-17-12 07:58 PM
    Hey all,

I'd like to introduce my next app "Send to PC". It's aim is to make it as quick and easy to send a file from your PlayBook to your PC, and even open a Windows Explorer window on your PC with that file selected so that you don't have to go browsing for it.

Handy for sending a photo, a video, a document, etc.

Send To PC on App World

If you give it a try, reply to this thread and let me know what you think!
    Can you explain what communication channel(s) it uses to make the transfer? Is it a direct connection over BT or Wifi between the PB and PC, or is it like the way Print To Go works, where you transfer the file through an intermediary server run by someone else -- in this case, you?

Thanks.
    03-17-12 08:03 PM
    Hi Op,
    are there instructions for setting up the PB for the wifi transfer?
    03-17-12 08:04 PM
    What about "Send to Mac"? I don't have a PC... Could you do that same for Safari in the mac world?
    03-17-12 08:20 PM
    How does the playbook get access to the Windows explorer?
    03-17-12 08:27 PM
    Would you make it available to mexico please?
    It should be available everywhere. Does the link not work for you?
    03-17-12 08:51 PM
    It connects via your home Wi-Fi network.

Can you explain what communication channel(s) it uses to make the transfer? Is it a direct connection over BT or Wifi between the PB and PC, or is it like the way Print To Go works, where you transfer the file through an intermediary server run by someone else -- in this case, you?

Thanks.
    03-17-12 08:53 PM
    If "Send to PC" is successful I will make a "Send to Mac"

What about "Send to Mac"? I don't have a PC... Could you do that same for Safari in the mac world?
    macbodock likes this.
    03-17-12 08:54 PM
    There's a tiny app that runs on your PC that allows your PlayBook to upload the file, and the Windows app takes care of the Windows Explorer interaction.

How does the playbook get access to the Windows explorer?
    03-17-12 08:55 PM
    Does it Work over a bridged connection?
    03-17-12 08:55 PM
    ie. To send files from your BlackBerry phone to your PC?

Does it Work over a bridged connection?
    03-17-12 08:58 PM
    ie. To send files from your BlackBerry phone to your PC?
    No he probably meant when out in the field without wifi to use the bridge connection to do the same.
    03-17-12 09:06 PM
    How about a version that works without a BB phone? From PB to pc would be great.
    03-17-12 09:44 PM
    I do it the old fashioned way...attach playbook and pc via usb and just use explorer to transfer files...I'm sure someone will use it
    blue quill and iSin like this.
    03-17-12 09:54 PM
    No he probably meant when out in the field without wifi to use the bridge connection to do the same.
    Ah, gotcha. Something I should clarify in the description is that the app only works when you're on a local Wi-Fi connection with your PC.
    How about a version that works without a BB phone? From PB to pc would be great.
    Did you read post #1?
    rotorwrench likes this.
    Ah, gotcha. Something I should clarify in the description is that the app only works when you're on a local Wi-Fi connection with your PC.
    Ah ok, so it's like Print To Go (PC to PB), Except the opposite way... PB to PC

Do you have to have wifi sharing turned on and sync'd on the PB?
    03-17-12 09:57 PM
    Sounds like a good idea but please release in the UK
    03-17-12 09:58 PM
    Ah ok, so it's like Print To Go (PC to PB), Except the opposite way... PB to PC

Do you have to have wifi sharing turned on and sync'd on the PB?
    No need to have Wi-Fi Sharing turned on.
    jafobabe likes this.
    03-17-12 09:59 PM
    Great Thanks!
    03-17-12 10:00 PM
    I have tried that, but it won't work for me, neither by usb or wifi, one of the reasons it's because it asks for a password. Have tried several none work and it won't let me change it either.....sigh
    03-17-12 10:02 PM
    annamarialuann on your Playbook have you went to settings>security>change password
    03-17-12 10:06 PM
    Sounds like a good idea but please release in the UK
    Someone was earlier saying I should release it in Mexico. I'm confused because it should be available globally. I just released it a couple of hours ago, so perhaps it hasn't propagated through the system yet.

Try searching for "Send to PC" on your PlayBook, someone suggested that might work.
    03-17-12 10:10 PM
    Yes bullseye I believe I tried that.
    03-17-12 10:18 PM
50 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD