03-21-12 01:15 PM
44 12
tools
    I just tried to find it on my PlayBook and I got a message that said not supported by your current device. Do you have any ideas?
    I received the same message. I just went to the App World main page and searched Print and it showed up.
    03-18-12 08:25 PM
    Installed. "Print" app with virus checker off and it works fine. As soon as I turn the virus software back on it removes the program. I'm using cogeco F-secure.
    I think you emailed me? Virus checkers can be pretty frustrating. I wish I owned them so that I could fiddle with them and figure out how to add programs to whitelists, etc, if that is possible.
    03-18-12 11:19 PM
    Seems like you are making some of the best quality products on the app world, Daniel. If RIM isn't looking to create important apps like this, they should just hire you! I remember trying your itunes sync app but it didn't work for me..but seems to have been a hit for many. These 2 apps sound great and very convenient for us. I will give them a try.
    Thanks for your kind words. Sometimes I wish I could do this full time for a few months and pump out a bunch of apps to fill in some of the missing use cases on the PlayBook. But my other work opportunities are too go to pass up... Your point is amusing, though, and highly accurate, I think. If RIM hired me, or someone with similar skills, to pump out apps like this, I think they'd get very good bang for their buck. Maybe they should look to do just that. I mean, they are making how many millions in profit every quarter? What's one or two more salaries to generate a few dozen simple apps that improve the usefulness of the PlayBook? Tough call though, because they might argue that they don't want to squash devs out there that are already trying to support those use cases.
    03-18-12 11:27 PM
    I have a question, say you are away from your home pc, and you want to print a document via someone else's printer, or a printer at a kinko's, how does this app facilitate that?

OK, I lied, one more question, what is the problem or barriers to developing an app for the PB where it can send a document for printing directly to a wi-fi/blue tooth enabled printer?
    If you're away from home, then this app isn't of much use. This app is really targeting the home use case.
    03-18-12 11:29 PM
    I just tried to find it on my PlayBook and I got a message that said not supported by your current device. Do you have any ideas?
    That's really weird! Why on earth would App World say that on the PlayBook, which is the only supported device?! Don't have any good ideas.
    smclea12 likes this.
    03-18-12 11:30 PM
    To me this app is almost same as your other app "send to PC". in both cases you send it to the pc and then on pc you click on to print. I bought both but seems to me it is duplication. Maybe i am missing something here.
    03-18-12 11:47 PM
    To me this app is almost same as your other app "send to PC". in both cases you send it to the pc and then on pc you click on to print. I bought both but seems to me it is duplication. Maybe i am missing something here.
    Hey rcab, what kind of file are you trying to print? The "Print" app is intended to automatically start the printing process for file types that support that. For example, Word documents and PDF files should actually print, not just upload.

If you're finding that it's not working as you'd like, or if the "Send to PC" gets you close enough that "Print" doesn't add enough value, here's the form for requesting a refund:

https://www.blackberry.com/technical....do?ft=generic
    03-19-12 10:02 AM
    Works as advertised so far and thanks for the effort to developsomething that should have been included with Print to Go. I have only one complaint. You should give the option to load at start up during the install on the PC tray application or add that as a selectable option. I don't need or want the app to run everytime I start the PC and would prefer not to burn PC resources with an idle program. Yes I can exit but don't want to do that everytime I boot my PC. I would rather just start it manually when I need it. I removed the run line from my registry but it reinstalled when I started the program manually.
    03-19-12 10:56 AM
    installed it on a vmview desktop. closed the sesssion without logging out. printed a pdf and and excell spread sheeet worked flawlessly. it would be nice to be able to direct it to a computer name instead of an IP. also if there was a way to select other printers. depending on which campus I am on I may need to print to a different printer.
    03-19-12 02:06 PM
    I was trying to print a photo. It put the photo on the pc..I then had to print from pc. I am not complaining. I just posted because I felt they were so similar that a person might not need both. I am not seeking a refund. I like your work and support your apps.
    03-19-12 03:44 PM
    Works as advertised so far and thanks for the effort to developsomething that should have been included with Print to Go. I have only one complaint. You should give the option to load at start up during the install on the PC tray application or add that as a selectable option. I don't need or want the app to run everytime I start the PC and would prefer not to burn PC resources with an idle program. Yes I can exit but don't want to do that everytime I boot my PC. I would rather just start it manually when I need it. I removed the run line from my registry but it reinstalled when I started the program manually.
    Ah, interesting. The app is 1 MB, so if you have 8 GB or RAM like I do, then that is 0.01% of your RAM. But I'm actually quite like you: I'm very particular about performance and I hate it when I buy a PC and there are dozens of apps that start up when Windows loads. I'll think about how to make that easier for you to configure...
    I am JT likes this.
    03-19-12 07:55 PM
    installed it on a vmview desktop. closed the sesssion without logging out. printed a pdf and and excell spread sheeet worked flawlessly. it would be nice to be able to direct it to a computer name instead of an IP. also if there was a way to select other printers. depending on which campus I am on I may need to print to a different printer.
    Thanks for your feedback! I'll give these things some thought.
    03-19-12 07:57 PM
    I was trying to print a photo. It put the photo on the pc..I then had to print from pc. I am not complaining. I just posted because I felt they were so similar that a person might not need both. I am not seeking a refund. I like your work and support your apps.
    Photos appear to be an exception... in Windows 7, they cause a dialog to appear with various settings for how you want your photo printed, so yes, the value add for printing photos if you already have Send to PC isn't much.

Thanks!
    03-19-12 07:58 PM
    Good to see some cool Apps making their way onto the PlayBook!
    03-19-12 10:57 PM
    I have Windows 7 Ultimate. How do I instruct it to print directly from this app? Currently a pdf file opens Windows Explorer and waits for me to tell it to print.
    03-20-12 05:42 PM

This is very useful, especially when I want to print my lecture slides. Thanks
    danielbigham likes this.
    03-20-12 06:59 PM
    Tryed to download the app from. the app world and it said notnsupported by this device.
    03-20-12 08:47 PM
    I have Windows 7 Ultimate. How do I instruct it to print directly from this app? Currently a pdf file opens Windows Explorer and waits for me to tell it to print.
    That's odd -- I tried printing a PDF the other day (also on Windows 7) and it initiated the print automatically. Assuming you have Adobe Acrobat Reader installed? If you right click on the file, is "Print" one of the shortcut menu items?
    03-21-12 01:08 PM
    Both apps (send to pc and print) are very helpful and work great.

Tryed to download the app from. the app world and it said notnsupported by this device.
    This happens quite often with links from the forums. It will find it if you search directly in app world.
    danielbigham likes this.
    03-21-12 01:15 PM
44 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD