Happy to announce that I released an app today for watching Hulu on the PlayBook named "luhu".

Hope you enjoy it!

Buy luhu - Download luhu - Buy Apps from BlackBerry App World
    playbookster and antiRIM like this.
    06-01-12 05:28 PM
    Happy to announce that I released an app today for watching Hulu on the PlayBook named "luhu".

Hope you enjoy it!

Buy luhu - Download luhu - Buy Apps from BlackBerry App World
    One of the interesting things about mobile app development is that it's pretty hard to predict what demand will be for any given app. For example, this app was purchased 6 times today VS my very similar app for Netflix being purchased about 80 times. Interesting.

I thought Hulu was pretty huge in the US... I suppose the fact that Hulu is US-only is one factor, given that many PlayBook owners are Canadians...
    06-02-12 07:36 PM
    Give it a few days. Word will spread. People will download. It's also possible that the long long wait to get Hulu working has given people enough time to find and get used to alternate ways of getting their TV fix.
    Last edited by Philldoe; 06-02-12 at 09:12 PM.
    antiRIM likes this.
    06-02-12 09:05 PM
    ^ downloading now.. I think it might be a good idea to change the title next time, so that people can see from the main forums page that your referring to hulu
    06-02-12 09:31 PM
    or people can download splashtop or something and get all of this for one price...
    06-02-12 09:37 PM
    I bought flix a couple days ago, cool, but there are some problems. First, when in Standard definition, when I touch the screen, the app exits. When I do the High resolution work around then it has to buffer every few minutes. I would assume that that is due to my Athlon II x2 250 @3ghz working but it is a fairly new dual-core, requiring a quad core for the app to function correctly is an annoyance.

Also, the windows with the video playback shows up on my second monitor even when "Show movie on screen when playing" isn't checked.

But still happy to see your trying to fill the hole of no netflix support.
    06-02-12 10:56 PM
    I bought flix a couple days ago, cool, but there are some problems. First, when in Standard definition, when I touch the screen, the app exits. When I do the High resolution work around then it has to buffer every few minutes. I would assume that that is due to my Athlon II x2 250 @3ghz working but it is a fairly new dual-core, requiring a quad core for the app to function correctly is an annoyance.

Also, the windows with the video playback shows up on my second monitor even when "Show movie on screen when playing" isn't checked.

But still happy to see your trying to fill the hole of no netflix support.
    Yes, a user emailed me yesterday to let me know about the problem with touching the screen when running in standard resolution. Unfortunately when I added the pause feature I didn't test it in standard resolution. I submitted a fix yesterday, awaiting approval from RIM. Will be version 14.

The buffering would be due to network bandwidth, not your CPU. Perhaps you already read this on my website, but:

An important factor is how you hold the PlayBook. For example, if you have the PlayBook on your chest and wrap your hands around the top corners of the PlayBook, you may significantly reduce Wi-Fi transmission speeds. For example, from our bedroom, the PlayBook will actually disconnect from our Wi-Fi network if I place my hands around the top corners of the PlayBook, but doesn't have any trouble maintaining a Wi-Fi connection if I hold it gently using my thumbs and index fingers lower down from the top.

Thanks for letting me know about it displaying on your other monitor regardless. That's one I hadn't heard of yet. What the app does is when it "hides" the screen, it just puts of way off of the screen to the far left. So it sounds like your second monitor is somehow logically to the "left" of your main monitor? Is that the case? Even if so, I could probably fix this by making the window more than 2000 pixels to the left as it is now... if I made it 4000 pixels off screen, then it shouldn't matter. I'll make that change in the next Windows app update.

Thanks for the feedback!
    dave1701 likes this.
    06-03-12 10:20 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD