hey -
    I know this has been said before, but I will buy this app if there is a MAC version to it!!!

Hope to see it soon!

Just to clarify:
    Are allowed to add individual songs? or does it only transport entire libraries/playlists?

I know on my BB 9780 they have a Wifi Music sync for phones, It accesses my itunes library and allows me to choose which songs I want to add.
    You can use the checkbox feature beside songs in iTunes to select which songs do/don't get copied.

By the way, where in app world is the Wifi Music Sync app? I didn't see it. How do you like it? Does it work well?
    11-26-11 02:42 PM
    If you right click on one of those songs and select "Show in Windows Explorer", then right click that file and go to "Properties", what is the file extension? If it is .m4p, that means they are DRM protected songs, and you'd have to use Apple's offer to remove DRM. I can send more info if they are in fact .m4p.
    They are all .mp3 files. I do have a few .mp3 files with a little padlock by the file, I assumed that meant they are DRM. But 90% of my files are .mp3 with no padlock.
    11-26-11 04:16 PM
    Ill have to check this app out when I get home, thanks!

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    11-26-11 04:22 PM
    They are all .mp3 files. I do have a few .mp3 files with a little padlock by the file, I assumed that meant they are DRM. But 90% of my files are .mp3 with no padlock.
    Here's an idea... you could email me one of the .mp3 files that it is refusing to download and I could debug on my computer. [email protected]

Just to confirm, the songs in question do show up in iTunes, and they are "checked" in iTunes? (You could also send a screenshot of the song in question in iTunes)
    11-26-11 04:32 PM
    Is it just purchased songs or all songs in my itunes library?
    11-26-11 04:54 PM
    Is it just purchased songs or all songs in my itunes library?
    I didn't explicitly test with non-purchased songs, so I should do that, but it would be a surprise to me if non-purchased songs were excluded.
    11-26-11 08:42 PM
    99 cents?

it's not.. it costs 2.99 and that's overpriced for a convenience app imo. will wait for copycat versions.
    11-27-11 10:58 AM
    99 cents?

it's not.. it costs 2.99 and that's overpriced for a convenience app imo. will wait for copycat versions.
    Well, I paid $.99 just as advertised and it works great. Blazingly fast.
    You will be waiting a long time for a 'copycat' given the low numbers of app developers on this platform.

Nice job, Daniel. Keep up the good work!
    danielbigham likes this.
    11-27-11 11:53 AM
    I see that the price has gone up, but well worth it IMhO.
    I will take the 2.99 price for an app that actually WORK over some of the other not-so-good stuff I see on sale.
    11-27-11 11:57 AM
    You can use the checkbox feature beside songs in iTunes to select which songs do/don't get copied.

By the way, where in app world is the Wifi Music Sync app? I didn't see it. How do you like it? Does it work well?
    KB23520-What is the Wi-Fi Music Sync feature?

Its not an application. Its built into the Music program on BB phones. I wish they expand this feature on the pb as it works very well.
    11-27-11 12:29 PM
    Just realized it went up to 2.99 from 0.99. IMHO, 0.99 is a sweet price.
    11-27-11 12:34 PM
    No, it will not erase any of your existing content. It's only additive. Good to clarify though. I should add a note about that in the instructions.
    The name of the app " Itunes SYNC" imply's that it will keep your itunes libary in sync with playbook. Otherwise the app should be called "Itunes copy". I really like this app, thanks for providing it. Just suggesting that you really should add the capability for songs deleted from the Itunes library to also delete on playbook as a selectable option....so that both Itunes and Playbook are truly in Sync.
    11-27-11 01:13 PM
    The name of the app " Itunes SYNC" imply's that it will keep your itunes libary in sync with playbook. Otherwise the app should be called "Itunes copy". I really like this app, thanks for providing it. Just suggesting that you really should add the capability for songs deleted from the Itunes library to also delete on playbook as a selectable option....so that both Itunes and Playbook are truly in Sync.
    I hear you, that is a good point. One problem with deleting songs not in iTunes is that you risk deleting someone's data that they don't have backed up anywhere else. For example, say the user purchased a song using the PlayBook's 7digital music service... doing an iTunes Sync would then delete this music since it's not in iTunes. Bad move! Very bad move.

So the deleting part of syncing is more complicated, and risky. I'd like to think about it some more because, as you suggest, it's an important use case.
    11-27-11 06:58 PM
    Just realized it went up to 2.99 from 0.99. IMHO, 0.99 is a sweet price.
    Yes, my MBA friend convinced me that $2.99 was a more reasonable price for this functionality, and I conceded that he was probably right. That said, I love to give people lots of value for their money, so I hear you. Thanks for the feedback on the price.
    11-27-11 06:59 PM
    KB23520-What is the Wi-Fi Music Sync feature?

Its not an application. Its built into the Music program on BB phones. I wish they expand this feature on the pb as it works very well.
    Ah, perfect. Thanks for filling me in on that. Sounds like it's only available for OS 6.0 and later... I have a bold running OS 5.0, I think, so I guess I'm out of luck.

I wonder if there still might be some value in a program for BB phones like iTunes Sync where you can press one button and have it update all of your purchases, rather than having to download them one at a time.

Or do you find the BB phone solution really slick?
    11-27-11 07:01 PM
    99 cents?

Thanks for the feedback on the price... as I replied to someone else, this was actually the suggestion of a friend of mine. So it's good to get feedback like this to keep in mind.
    11-27-11 07:03 PM
    I discovered something very important today that might lead to people having problems connecting to their PCs with iTunes Sync.

If the program is running, and you right click on it in the Windows tray and select "Exit" from the popup menu, and then you start iTunes Sync on your PC again, your PlayBook will not be able to connect. There is an issue with the program, which I will try and resolve, whereby the program doesn't actually exit properly, and that causes issues if you then open the program again.

To work around this, either:

1. Log off of Windows and log back in. The iTunes Sync program should start automatically. Verify by looking in your Windows tray.

2. A second option is to ensure that iTunes Sync is running, then press Ctrl-Alt-Delete (or right click your Windows taskbar and select "Task Manager"). Click the "Image Name" column to sort by that, then look down the list for "iTunesSync.exe", select it, and press the "End Process" button. Now you should be able to start iTunes Sync again manually and it will hopefully connect.

Sorry for that this issue wasn't noticed by myself earlier, I know all too well how incredibly frustrating it can be when things act in strange ways.
    11-28-11 08:18 AM
    I've updated my website with some support information if you are having any troubles:

daniel bigham.ca
    12-01-11 10:13 AM
    please tell me why you made it 2.99?

Now im going to have pirate it.
    12-01-11 11:48 AM

My MBA friend convinced me that it was a better business decision, rightly or wrongly. Is there a realistic way to pirate BB PlayBook apps?
    reeneebob likes this.
    12-01-11 06:15 PM

FYI discussion of pirating is not looked upon well here Lebob. It can get you a ban. If you want the app buy it - if you want it free learn to code and make it yourself.

Sent from my iPhone 4 using Tapatalk
    12-02-11 12:02 AM
    I came on to say i lime the app and to me it was worth the $2.99. i keep the iTunes Playbook updated with the song i lime and click sync on my Playbook Walk away and its done. i know a lot of apps cosr .99 but if it is helpfull to me then it is worth the extra book.

One question or suggestion. I wish it would copy into my Playbook as a seperate folder called Playbook.

All in all a good app and I would recommend it.
    12-03-11 03:44 PM
    Thank you to the OP.
    This is a great app.
    12-04-11 09:56 PM
    I'm just wondering which folder or playlist is being synced to the BBPB. I compared the songs that got synced against the few playlists on iTunes and non matched. I looked in the support web site but I didn't get much info from it. Thank you.
    If you right click on one of the troublesome songs in iTunes and select "Show in Windows Explorer", what is its file extension?
    12-06-11 09:21 PM
    I have updated the Windows program today so that it will pick up songs such as MP3s that are missing artist and album meta data.

If you found that the app was ignoring songs previously, give it another try.

To get the update, log off of Windows and log back in. When iTunes Sync starts up, it should prompt you to update it. Click Ok and you should be good to go.
    12-08-11 11:43 AM
87 1234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD