Ok, if you're getting the error "You do not have any iTunes songs", that at least tells you that it's connecting to your PC ok and able to send data back and forth. I'm going to hazard a guess, that perhaps all of your music is DRM protected music, and thus there aren't any DRM-free songs that you can download? A way to verify this is to go into your Windows Explorer and browse to the location of your iTunes songs, and look at the file extension. If the file extension is .m4p, that means they're protected (I think). If they're .m4a files, then they're DRM free and should work fine.

A user above linked to the iTunes FAQ which apparently tells you how you can remove the DRM:
    iTunes Store: iTunes Plus Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)

Let me know whether I was right about my theory or not. Hope that helps.

Thanks!

Daniel, I uninstalled/reinstalled and the error I now get is in fact related to .m4a files (not m4p) files (ie. "could not find part of the path..."). Not sorted yet but will keep playing with it. Thanks.
    11-25-11 01:29 PM
    Looks like nice app. Will definitely purchase when it is available for the Mac. I didn't realize people still used Windows anymore :-)

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk
    11-25-11 01:40 PM
    Daniel, I uninstalled/reinstalled and the error I now get is in fact related to .m4a files (not m4p) files (ie. "could not find part of the path..."). Not sorted yet but will keep playing with it. Thanks.
    hmm, odd. Feel free to email me screenshots of the errors and any more info that is relevant so that I can help you troubleshoot. [email protected]
    11-25-11 01:46 PM
    Thank you for the cool app !

Can you make one for movie's now please

Oh, and if your takin' requests, can I get a cooking app, and maybe one that scans those lil barcodes?
    Last edited by Mrs Gatz; 11-25-11 at 01:59 PM.
    danielbigham likes this.
    11-25-11 01:49 PM
    Thank you for the cool app !

Can you make one for movie's now please

Oh, and if your takin' requests, can I get a cooking app, and maybe one that scans those lil barcodes?
    You're welcome! And thanks for the app requests... it's much more fun to make things that I know people want. What would your ideal cooking app do? And when you say barcodes, do you mean QR codes? Or standard bar codes? I haven't use QR code scanning apps myself, what's the typical use case of those?
    11-25-11 02:06 PM
    You're welcome! And thanks for the app requests... it's much more fun to make things that I know people want. What would your ideal cooking app do? And when you say barcodes, do you mean QR codes? Or standard bar codes? I haven't use QR code scanning apps myself, what's the typical use case of those?
    No silly, bar codes. When me and the posse go bar hopping tonight, I need the dresscodes

And for the cookbook, um compile me a list of popular Julia Childe recipies (sp)

Thank you sir !
    11-25-11 02:20 PM
    iTunes is Apple. Therefore I will cut off my ears before I use this or any other Apple product. There are much better options that are free from DRM such as Amazon music. Thanks for creating this app for the poor folks that that are stuck with music that is chained to the evil depths of Steve Jobs ****. Your kind work will allow them to survive until they can escape.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-25-11 02:25 PM
    iTunes is Apple. Therefore I will cut off my ears before I use this or any other Apple product. There are much better options that are free from DRM such as Amazon music. Thanks for creating this app for the poor folks that that are stuck with music that is chained to the evil depths of Steve Jobs ****. Your kind work will allow them to survive until they can escape.

Cute. I hear ya man, being chained to Apple is trying at times. I'd also like to create a sync app if you use Windows Media Player (and/or anything else) whereby your songs are simply in files and folders. Would that be of interest to you?
    11-25-11 02:30 PM

This guy needs an Exorcism !

Where's father Merrin ?

Last edited by Mrs Gatz; 11-25-11 at 02:48 PM.
    11-25-11 02:39 PM
    By the way, if you have enjoyed the app, submitting a review is always appreciated... it's very rewarding and helps others know what they're buying.
    11-25-11 03:11 PM
    Will using this app erase whatever I have in my Music folder?
    11-25-11 03:55 PM
    Will using this app erase whatever I have in my Music folder?
    No, it will not erase any of your existing content. It's only additive. Good to clarify though. I should add a note about that in the instructions.
    11-25-11 04:01 PM
    Bought my copy, will try later this weekend.
    Cool, thanks for making this.
    danielbigham likes this.
    11-25-11 04:13 PM
    And if I remove something from the iTunes will be removed from the PlayBook also?
    11-25-11 04:28 PM
    quick question: does it copy my entire itunes library? or can i be selective? i have a lot of music and dont necessarily want to carry all of it on my pb.
    By default it will copy all of your music, but there are three options to control that:

1. In iTunes, you can use the check box beside each song to control whether that song gets copied to your mobile devices.

2. You can choose to create a PlayBook playlist and put the albums and/or individual songs you want in there, and it will only takes stuff from there.

3. You can create a Smart Playlist and use rules such as: Any music purchased int the last year + anything rated 4 or more stars, etc.
    11-25-11 05:35 PM
    And if I remove something from the iTunes will be removed from the PlayBook also?
    If you remove something from iTunes, it won't get removed from the PlayBook. Is that a feature you'd want?
    11-25-11 05:36 PM
    Of course, that would be a nice feature to have. And also would it interfere if I decided to sync my iPhone through the itunes.
    11-25-11 07:36 PM
    Of course, that would be a nice feature to have. And also would it interfere if I decided to sync my iPhone through the itunes.
    Good to know, I'll think about how I might add that feature.

Syncing your iPhone shouldn't interfere at all.
    11-25-11 07:53 PM
    For those who have installed it, how have you liked it?
    11-25-11 09:16 PM
    iTunes Sync is now the #2 top purchased app for the PlayBook.

Thanks everyone!!
    curve-20 likes this.
    11-26-11 09:05 AM
    By default it will copy all of your music, but there are three options to control that:

1. In iTunes, you can use the check box beside each song to control whether that song gets copied to your mobile devices.

2. You can choose to create a PlayBook playlist and put the albums and/or individual songs you want in there, and it will only takes stuff from there.

3. You can create a Smart Playlist and use rules such as: Any music purchased int the last year + anything rated 4 or more stars, etc.
    Can you explain a bit more about 2 and 3 please. Are you saying that with your app I can select a playlist in iTunes and have its songs and playlist transfered onto the PB?
    11-26-11 09:56 AM
    Can you explain a bit more about 2 and 3 please. Are you saying that with your app I can select a playlist in iTunes and have its songs and playlist transfered onto the PB?
    What I mean by #2 and #3 is that if you create a playlist in itunes, and you name it "PlayBook", you can then drag and drop all of songs and albums you want into that PlayList, and then when you sync, only those will be copied.

What I mean specifically by #3 is that iTunes supports "Smart Playlists" where you can define logical rules that define what songs get included in a playlist, such as songs that are fairly new, etc. So you could create a Smart Playlist called "PlayBook", if you wanted.
    11-26-11 10:27 AM
    I installed on my laptop, synced with my Playbook right away, but only 49 of about 1,000 songs went to my Playbook.

When I re-sync, since there were no changes to my iTunes, message says "Sync Complete". I have check marks by all of my iTunes songs, and no DRM.
    11-26-11 10:38 AM
    hey -
    I know this has been said before, but I will buy this app if there is a MAC version to it!!!

Hope to see it soon!

Just to clarify:
    Are allowed to add individual songs? or does it only transport entire libraries/playlists?

I know on my BB 9780 they have a Wifi Music sync for phones, It accesses my itunes library and allows me to choose which songs I want to add.
    11-26-11 12:51 PM
    I installed on my laptop, synced with my Playbook right away, but only 49 of about 1,000 songs went to my Playbook.

When I re-sync, since there were no changes to my iTunes, message says "Sync Complete". I have check marks by all of my iTunes songs, and no DRM.
    If you right click on one of those songs and select "Show in Windows Explorer", then right click that file and go to "Properties", what is the file extension? If it is .m4p, that means they are DRM protected songs, and you'd have to use Apple's offer to remove DRM. I can send more info if they are in fact .m4p.
    11-26-11 02:40 PM
87 1234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD