Has anyone cracked this yet? lmao
    04-24-12 09:13 AM
    The PB is never going to please everyone. Sometimes I wonder if it will please anyone in this forum.
    A popular mobile game is released for the pb one people wanted and one that was basically announced yesterday and people are still saying 'Thats it?'
    I can't wait to see what people say if Netflix and Skype are released. I wonder what reasons people will come up with to complain about then? Because you know they will.

I don't really play video games much or care personally but I'm happy because RIM needs more developers to release these apps / games for the pb. I may even buy it just to support RIM. Every download helps.
    04-24-12 09:15 AM
    omg. who wants a 'good game' that is 'very addictive' to come to the playbook?
    damn you RIM, DAAAAAMN YOOOOOU!
    Calm down sweetheart.

My point is, the guy hyped it up on Twitter to be something massive, when in fact it's just a third version of a game that's already out. In my opinion, that is not massive, groundbreaking news.
    Last edited by BBFTW88; 04-24-12 at 09:24 AM.
    04-24-12 09:17 AM
    Not very excited about angry birds here either.
    Exactly.
    10 chars
    04-24-12 09:22 AM
    Calm down sweetheart.

My point is, the guy hyped it up on Twitter to be something massive, when in fact it's just a third version of a game that's already out. In my opinion, that is not massive, groundbreaking news.
    You mean the guy that works in the game division and hinted at angry birds? I don't think its that 'massive' either. But its a popular game and wasn't hard to figure out that thats what was coming.
    KMB4 likes this.
    04-24-12 09:33 AM
    mszbzltn, kbz1960 and grant.palin like this.
    04-24-12 09:34 AM
    This is an outrage!! The Head of GAMES at RIM said "something wonderful was about to happen" on AppWorld today, and all we got was the newest iteration of one of the biggest GAME franchises in mobile OS history!! I feel cheated and want my money back that I didn't spend!!!

Seriously, if the head "Skype Recruiting" at RIM, or the head of "Netflix App Development" at RIM, or the head of "Really Sweet OS Features" said that something big was about to happen, I'd be mad about Angry Birds Space. But can we stop being ridiculous about this, please?

Edit: Back on topic, I'm actually looking forward to this game. It has been fun watching the Angry Birds franchise go from a physics-based-collision puzzle game with bad physics, lousy collision-detection, and weak puzzles to a physics-based-collision puzzle game with decent physics, passable collision-detection, and somewhat fun and varied puzzles.
    Last edited by nextlevel88; 04-24-12 at 09:42 AM.
    kbz1960 likes this.
    04-24-12 09:37 AM
    seems like a lot of users on here could stand to be in that lineup
    04-24-12 09:39 AM
    1. If you didnt know it was going to be a game, go slap your mom for having dumb kids.
    2. Any big name app or game coming to the PB only helps.
    3. It's a native app. Rare indeed.
    4. The icon is cool looking on the PB.

Any time a big name releases an app that is well sold and welcomed on the PB, this showing might help convenience other app makers to produce more apps for the PB.

Yes, it's just a game, but from a big name. One name that if lost, would cause a very
    loud cry from the BB world and further dull the PBs outlook.

and so it went...

Tim
    Ps, yes I bought it. I do not play games. Just putting a couple bucks in the hand of those that feed us!
    Last edited by trsbbs; 04-24-12 at 09:46 AM.
    04-24-12 09:39 AM
    Really....Angry Birds? Pass!!!
    04-24-12 09:42 AM
    4. The icon is cool looking on the PB.

Tim
    Absolutely
    04-24-12 09:44 AM
    Thats nice , good price, however lets get some better utility apps , like Skype , whats
    the use of having a native video app that you cannot use because so few people actually have PB ...... Come on ...
    04-24-12 09:46 AM
    Good stuff. Hard to pay for it when I have already played it on my Android phone though.
    04-24-12 09:53 AM
    Thats nice , good price, however lets get some better utility apps , like Skype , whats
    the use of having a native video app that you cannot use because so few people actually have PB ...... Come on ...
    Yes, it is RIMS fault for not getting the PB up to speed in some areas. Ok, many areas.
    I understand the need and in many cases the out right demand that RIM deliver. Frustrating to sit and wait hearing in the distance "it's coming". Gets old. Got old. Old and tired.

But don't kill RIM for simply passing an app through the system into App World, one Rovio submitted and RIM simply made available for sale in App World.

I can whine and b1tch with the best, but this isnt the time. The message you
    are all sending is not a positive one! Rovio good. RIM sloooowww...

Tim
    04-24-12 09:56 AM
    You DO know that the Angry Birds games are all free on Google Play . . . ?
    04-24-12 09:58 AM
    Angry Birds Space? That was the awesome news I charged my PlayBook for?

And it's not even showing as available here. What a flop...
    04-24-12 10:01 AM
    I'm still waiting on that 'something wonderful'...
    04-24-12 10:08 AM
    But are you also looking at a bunch of ads while playing?
    04-24-12 10:24 AM
    You mean the guy that works in the game division and hinted at angry birds? I don't think its that 'massive' either. But its a popular game and wasn't hard to figure out that thats what was coming.
    fourth version...sorry about being anal
    04-24-12 10:32 AM
    Well, at 2.99, the price is right, and I do want to show my support for PB developers. I am in for ABS.
    Creaulx and bluetroll like this.
    04-24-12 10:33 AM
    Calm down sweetheart.

sorry..meant to quote this one...lol
    04-24-12 10:35 AM
    Not only is this new game not featured in app world, but it is not listed under new arrivals. Further, when you search Angry Birds, it does not show up, but it does show up when you search Angry Bird (without s). Does anyone manage the app store?
    PhilliesKP and carbon98accord like this.
    04-24-12 10:41 AM
    Most are not the HD version, and are completely ad-supported. No thanks, I'd rather spend the $3 in change that is overflowing in my car's "meter-money" holder...
    04-24-12 10:59 AM
    Not only is this new game not featured in app world, but it is not listed under new arrivals. Further, when you search Angry Birds, it does not show up, but it does show up when you search Angry Bird (without s). Does anyone manage the app store?
    Thank you! I spent all morning trying to find it...when I searched for Angry Bird it showed up.
    04-24-12 11:00 AM
    Calm down sweetheart.

i don't recall the word 'massive' ever being used in the tweet.
    you read too much into it.
    and it is, in fact, the fourth version of the game. not the third.
    you should just stop typing.
    04-24-12 11:06 AM
74 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD