So, Google+ Games has just been released, and with it comes Angry Birds, flash in the browser. Who needs a native app!?!
    08-13-11 07:17 PM
    Doesn't work for me...
    08-13-11 07:36 PM
    Tried Angry Birds - just gt stuck at Rovio logo screen.

I'm giving it a few more minutes to see what it'll do, but I wouldn't hold my breath.
    08-13-11 08:41 PM
    Tried Angry Birds - just gt stuck at Rovio logo screen.

I'm giving it a few more minutes to see what it'll do, but I wouldn't hold my breath.
    Yeah, same problem here.
    08-13-11 08:47 PM
    Wiped the cache and everything, let it sit for at least 5 minutes with no joy.

I don't think it is a flash issue, as the rovio is part of the flash - rather I think its a browser issue regarding the game data and where its saved or something.

Close though - still don't get how it can take them so long to get an Angry Birds version to the PB.
    08-13-11 08:52 PM
    eh, im currently playing words with friends on facebook from my PB(have 4games going). Haven't tried some of the other games yet as they havent interested me too much.
    08-13-11 09:15 PM
    ive played angry birds before off some chinese website. i know its possible just unsure why google plus unable to implement it
    08-13-11 09:16 PM
    Why did anyone think this would work? It's just the Chrome version that never worked either. Smh.

PS: It's not Flash, it's HTML5 with WebGL, which is why it doesn't work.. no mobile browser supports WebGL, except the Nokia N900
    08-14-11 12:38 AM
    Thanks, never really went to google plus on my browser, been angry birding for the last 1 hour!
    08-14-11 06:14 AM
    lol omg my bad bla1ze... see, I've been away, and my friend has been talking about playing Angry Birds on the PlayBook.

Guess he was wrong.

Nevertheless, it still is a really fun game, guess we'll have to wait for the native app anyways!
    08-14-11 01:06 PM
    Would anyone be interested in a slightly better version of the flash game wrapped in a bar file? I decided to rebuild it using GPU acceleration on the PB and I must say it does play much smoother now. Is it great? No, but it is much better then just CPU rendering.

I packaged it up, but remembered all the hate and discontent with the packaged Angry Birds apps here so I haven't said anything about it. A few friends have kids that love Angry Birds and they've mentioned that this version does play much better in their opinion, and the kids think its "better" as well.

Didn't know if it was worth posting or not...
    08-14-11 01:33 PM
    Would anyone be interested in a slightly better version of the flash game wrapped in a bar file? I decided to rebuild it using GPU acceleration on the PB and I must say it does play much smoother now. Is it great? No, but it is much better then just CPU rendering.

I packaged it up, but remembered all the hate and discontent with the packaged Angry Birds apps here so I haven't said anything about it. A few friends have kids that love Angry Birds and they've mentioned that this version does play much better in their opinion, and the kids think its "better" as well.

Send me the .bar and I will let u know if I think it is worth posting

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-14-11 01:36 PM

lmao...ignore those people that say they dont need angry birds, they are actually jealous and have never had the chance to get addicted to throwing squawking birds at pigs
    08-14-11 02:16 PM
    lmao...ignore those people that say they dont need angry birds, they are actually jealous and have never had the chance to get addicted to throwing squawking birds at pigs
    Yep. Same people that blasted Angry Birds (free), but then rushed out and paid for Angry Farm.

Yes, Verizon 4G is really that fast!
    08-14-11 02:21 PM

Post it man! Screw the haters.
    tjdevine likes this.
    08-14-11 03:59 PM
    Yep. Same people that blasted Angry Birds (free), but then rushed out and paid for Angry Farm.

Yes, Verizon 4G is really that fast!
    Ha. Angry Farm is a load of crap.
    08-14-11 04:01 PM
    Alright, alright, I'll post it up. Give me a chance to get it in a release package first, I have just been running the debug version of it on my PB. And for some reason, as soon as I do the release packaging for it, it ends up at a white screen... Grrrr... Looks like the AIR SDK is messing with the SWF, not sure why but the sizes are definitely different.

Ohh well, I'll just throw together a manual package of it. Give me a little bit and I'll post it up soon.
    08-14-11 04:55 PM
    Alrighty, here you all go, give it a shot and let me know what you think of it vs the other one floating around out there: AngryBirds.bar
    PanaSama likes this.
    08-14-11 05:24 PM
    Well, I know it's not perfect, but it should be a little more playable with the GPU acceleration turned on. Any of the 20 or so that have downloaded it given it a shot yet? How do you think it compares to the CPU accelerated version?
    08-14-11 07:34 PM
    Well, I know it's not perfect, but it should be a little more playable with the GPU acceleration turned on. Any of the 20 or so that have downloaded it given it a shot yet? How do you think it compares to the CPU accelerated version?
    Thanks! It's pretty good. Much better than the browser based one. Better than the one on the really cheap Android tablets too...
    08-14-11 08:07 PM
    Alrighty, here you all go, give it a shot and let me know what you think of it vs the other one floating around out there: AngryBirds.bar
    how do i load this on the PB again by using my computer?
    08-14-11 08:20 PM
    Does the android app need to be installed on the playbook for this to work?
    08-14-11 08:29 PM
    Its definitely better, the little hand thing is still annoying and it sucks that you cant pinch and zoom on the screen. However its much more playable then the cpu one so thanks. It does crash too thou after certain levels and i even tried playing it with no other apps open but it still crashes. It will definitely hold me over thou until they release the real one, whenever that may be
    08-14-11 09:25 PM
    Does the android app need to be installed on the playbook for this to work?
    No you dont need the android player installed. If you search, simple simple way to install bar files on you playbook then that thread should help you. Ive tried to install it other ways but it they werent successful. That way should work for you, good luck.
    Mal970 likes this.
    08-14-11 09:29 PM
    Thanks - I did have a few crashes, but it plays pretty well. Thanks for taking the time to work on this.
    08-14-11 09:44 PM
28 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD