Well worth the price, well worth the wait, although I must say I am happy developers are developing or at least reworking their applications on other platforms to work with the current BlackBerry OS tablet.

I would like to see Amazon make a few native applications such as Amazon.com or Kindle, but that may never come to pass. At least you can still load the Android version of Kindle and I must also say it seems to work pretty well.
    12-21-11 11:11 AM
    works incredibly smooth on latest 2.0 beta
    12-21-11 11:12 AM
    Truly happy for us. My kids hated the flash version on my PB, actually come to think about it I did too. Funny even tho my wife has it on her ipad, no one plays it anymore. Don't care tho, I'm still buying it! I cheered when I saw Angry Birds for Playbook on the front page! WAHOO WAHOO!!!!
    TommyBB likes this.
    12-21-11 11:14 AM
    on android is free...
    It's the same $4.99 price as on the iPad. The only reason it's free on Android is because it's such a pain in the *** to sell apps on the Android Marketplace. Unlike RIM and Apple, Google makes developers handle the collection of taxes on each payment. Plus, piracy is out of control on the Android platform. Rovio (like many other developers) probably thought it would be less effort to just slap some ads on it and give it away for free
    offthahorseceo likes this.
    12-21-11 11:14 AM
    LMAO!! Funny very Funny
    12-21-11 11:15 AM
    I'm disappointed that Angry Birds Seasons does not include the "Wreck the Halls" 2012 Christmas levels. It stops at Halloween.
    12-21-11 11:15 AM
    Looks and plays awesome. Love me some PB
    12-21-11 11:16 AM
    yikes they are pricey! They are the real deal too by the way
    Same price as the iPad what are you talking about?
    12-21-11 11:37 AM
    Yay!!! Now I can really kill some time
    12-21-11 11:38 AM
    This is great news!
    blackcaneaddict likes this.
    12-21-11 11:39 AM
    I'm disappointed that Angry Birds Seasons does not include the "Wreck the Halls" 2012 Christmas levels. It stops at Halloween.
    OH NO!!! Oh well, I'm still gonna buy all three. The PlayBook just got its 3 best games added today...

This is the most positive sign that the PlayBook has ever had. Big time developer on board!!
    Sawyerdoodle likes this.
    12-21-11 11:41 AM
    And the stock rises..... lmao I love it!!!!!!
    Imagine when netflix and skype eventually jumps aboard.....
    Playbook is making its way to the top. Slowly but surely!
    12-21-11 11:42 AM
    Yes, and this will do more to help PB and BB10 succeed than twenty threads telling RIM how important developers are. If/when Rovio reports solid sales here, the rest of us will spend the money/time to get to up to speed with the platform (at least games for now until RIM finishes the UI framework for business/utility apps).
    I think RIM is doing a good thing not discounting the Game off the Bat,

Let developers see the volumes that people purchase at the moderate to high pricepoint

I'd think 10,000 @ $5/each is more telling to developers than
    50,000 @ $0.99

I know when I study my markets I compare price to volumes of products and the higher priced products get weighted more heavily than the lower priced products when assessing how I'm going to target the area.
    You leave room for discounting on a more expensive product to boost sales after the initial newness dies
    12-21-11 11:43 AM
    Rovio wouldn't develop for the old BBOS even if you paid them...it's good to finally see Rovio taking the native SDK for QNX and using it to port its games. Here's hoping more great games and apps come to the PB!
    12-21-11 11:47 AM
    Monopoly and now angrybird!? Awesome!! Btw, I'm not a fan of angry bird, but it shows that the playbook is still kicking strong eh
    12-21-11 11:48 AM
    Well it runs smoother on the Playbook then it does on Android. The QNX OS is shining through again.
    12-21-11 11:48 AM
    Same price as the iPad what are you talking about?
    i own no iOS devices but its always been free for android devices so that was my comparison. I expected 1.99 maybe 2.99
    12-21-11 11:49 AM
    The playbook just became useful and viable in some eyes

But glad it is here for those that want it.
    12-21-11 11:50 AM
    I think RIM is doing a good thing not discounting the Game off the Bat,

Let developers see the volumes that people purchase at the moderate to high pricepoint

You leave room for discounting on a more expensive product to boost sales after the initial newness dies
    I agree. But the same prices as iPad would have been nice. The original version is the same price, the other two versions are more than the iPad price. Would have been nice to compare the two at exactly the same prices.

But that's a minor thing. I really look forward to seeing how Rovio does here. It's a small enough community still that we'll all know quickly how this is working out.
    12-21-11 11:52 AM
    i own no iOS devices but its always been free for android devices so that was my comparison. I expected 1.99 maybe 2.99
    They offer both free and paid versions for iOS. It's a little premature to be asking them to go ad-supported on Playbook, given the market size. But that will come down the road if PB takes off.

And, as others have pointed out, selling apps on google store sucks. It sucks less than it did last year, but still not nearly as successful for most of us as the Apple store is (for paid apps). So a lot of people favor ad-supported there because of that fact.
    12-21-11 11:59 AM
    Well I purchased a copy even though I'm not one to play games on my devices. I purchased a copy so that (a) all of those trolls who kept harping on the PB not having it will now have to find something else to bellyache about, (b) to show my support for Rim and app developers and (c) so my 2 year old granddaughter can occupy herself with a virtual slingshot.
    purijagmohan and jivegirl14 like this.
    12-21-11 12:00 PM
    Finally! That will end all the lamentation!
    Have fun!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-21-11 12:03 PM
    Well it runs smoother on the Playbook then it does on Android. The QNX OS is shining through again.
    Yes it does. We are playing it side by side against a Xoom and iPad right now. PB definitely smoother than the Xoom, which we would expect. The PB version has crashed a couple of times, but they can fix that. It's only day zero.
    blackcaneaddict and azrin640 like this.
    12-21-11 12:06 PM
    I just bought it....$5 is not that much...I am sure if I waited I could buy it cheaper but it's just one more thing to show off now and tell people that Playbook is the way to go.

I agree we just need Skype and Netflix now!
    12-21-11 12:16 PM
    thanks guys for the post and letting us know. bought all the three versions already. have played the rio version and it feels better on pb to ipad or os it just me
    12-21-11 12:17 PM
210 12345 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD