Angry Birds-paid for it and love it.
    12-21-11 08:39 PM
    I got the Rio edition. plays very smooth.
    12-21-11 08:44 PM
    isnt angry birds free on every other platform,i have it on my ipod and android devices and its free on all those and my laptop as well,i have the version on bar file on the playbook and its very slow and glitchy i hope the paid version wouldnt be like that
    12-21-11 08:50 PM
    i have the version on bar file on the playbook and its very slow and glitchy i hope the paid version wouldnt be like that
    You can't compare an Android app running in an emulator to a true native PB app. The gameplay on the native app is very smooth.
    12-21-11 08:59 PM
    ****, its about time.
    12-21-11 09:01 PM
    So this is what all the fuss is about,"angry birds" .......ILIKE IT
    12-21-11 09:06 PM
    So this is what all the fuss is about,"angry birds" .......ILIKE IT
    Same here lol.
    12-21-11 09:34 PM
    anyone know why rio is top seller right now over the other ones?
    12-21-11 09:36 PM
    Just got angry birds oh yeah time to test this game
    12-21-11 09:37 PM
    im trying to figure out which one to buy. "suggestions?
    12-21-11 09:55 PM
    Wow I'm so happy....

...that people can stop kvetching about this stupid game.

Wait, it's $4.99...?

oy vey....here we go again...

Very funny Chaim Yankel

Angry Birds for the PB is a mitzvah.
    12-21-11 10:36 PM
    Tax on top of the 4.99 are you kidding me. I thought online purchases are suppose to be tax exempt. Anyways just bought it.
    12-21-11 10:37 PM
    Does this mean that billions of people now have a reason to buy a the first professional tablet? Will they be buying other apps or is Angry Birds the only app that they really need? Did RIM's stock prices go up today or are investors waiting for my update before they get back into the game? So many questions, so few answers!
    12-21-11 10:38 PM
    im trying to figure out which one to buy. "suggestions?
    Easy. Buy all of them. I just bought all 3 in App World. That takes care of any productivity for the rest of the day...

Heck, they are less than $5 each. Buy your next tech purchase on Amazon and you will save more than enough to offset the cost.

And down the road more app developers will recognize PlayBook as a strong app market, and the apps will continue to come.

Rim-rolling along!
    12-21-11 10:39 PM
    You can't compare an Android app running in an emulator to a true native PB app. The gameplay on the native app is very smooth.
    so we can expect any android app converted to bar to be slow and glitchy????wow i sure hope not.is this version of angy birds a converted apk or an actual pb app that can be used in other os like 1.08
    12-21-11 11:05 PM
    The Angry Birds that I downloaded today for my PB is working great. I bought the original.

Mike
    12-21-11 11:11 PM
    Bought Rio, the other 2 will wait for payday.

Hopefully with a decent sale it will entice other large dev firms to bring other popular android and ios apps to the PB natively and not rely on the android player.

Keep buying all 3 and show them that there is money to be made making apps for the PB.
    12-21-11 11:12 PM
    I'm no longer afraid to show off my PB to people asking what it can do. The list was short as I always bring up the Browser as a feature that beats all other tablets, but lack of apps/games. But now that Angry Birds Seasons HD is here I'm keeping the icon on the main page

Next up: Skype
    12-21-11 11:15 PM
    Bought Rio, the other 2 will wait for payday.

Hopefully with a decent sale it will entice other large dev firms to bring other popular android and ios apps to the PB natively and not rely on the android player.

Keep buying all 3 and show them that there is money to be made making apps for the PB.
    Crap. Installed Rio. Really trouble now. My laptop has gone to sleep 4 times while I play Rio on my PlayBook.

I swore I would not play this. I did, really. No, really.

Angry Birds has brought the "Crack" back to Crackberry.

Run away!!!
    12-21-11 11:17 PM
    So, which is the best version to buy if you've never played angry birds and want to give it a try?
    Yeah, I don't know which to pick! Can you guys shed some light?
    12-21-11 11:19 PM
    Dude, no exaggeration but Angry Birds help restore my faith in the PlayBook and BBX in general. I bought so quickly... Me:"honey can I buy Angry Birds?" Wife:"Sure..." Me:"YES YES YES *clicks purchase*....can't wait to play it in my PlayBook HD Baby! *receives email verification* *AB theme song is playing*..."
    Lol, you made me laugh!
    12-21-11 11:22 PM
    Angry Birds? Are you kidding me?

The ORIGINAL game of its kind.
    Crush the Castle

Angry Birds Sucks - A long list of reasons
    Wow, I can't believe I just killed off an hour finishing that game. Was pretty fun, but had trouble with the last two towers. lol.
    12-21-11 11:29 PM
    so we can expect any android app converted to bar to be slow and glitchy????wow i sure hope not.
    If it is graphic intensive, then yes. Of course you would expect that, wouldn't you? The PB is not an Android tablet. It runs a different operating system.

is this version of angy birds a converted apk or an actual pb app that can be used in other os like 1.08
    Again, what was released today is a native Playbook application, not an Android application running in an emulator. This is the real deal.
    12-21-11 11:47 PM
    It's great, but I have to shrink the screen to get the whole picture. Too bad. Still, I spent over an hour playing just now. Original version.

Long list of reasons why AB sucks - most of them have to do with Android choking on it. It didn't hiccup once on the PB.
    12-22-11 12:01 AM
    If it is graphic intensive, then yes. Of course you would expect that, wouldn't you? The PB is not an Android tablet.
    And yet the reports from people using the Android app in the beta 2.0 OS do not report issues with app performance. When the apps work, it sounds like they work very well, including apps with intensive graphics. That is one of the benefits of QNX and the high quality hardware. Please don't assume laggy performance.

Back on topic, AG is incredibly rich, fast, and smooth on the PlayBook. Certainly worth half a sawbuck.
    12-22-11 12:04 AM
210 ... 45678 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD