Very Smooth, loving this on the PlayBook.
    Hopefully when android developers port their apps, they will see that and the mere port of an Android app will be replaced by a native version, if the demand is there.
    app_Developer likes this.
    12-21-11 02:23 PM
    Still cant buy anything from app world. Still getting 10000 error. Tried 3 different credit cards called all the credit cards and they all said they see a change and a instance reversal of the charge. It is Digital River, they are stopping the payments from going through. Not sure what to do now.
    Dude, use PayPal!
    12-21-11 02:27 PM
    I know its $4.99 on itunes but its free on android market and I switched from an android tablet to my Playbook so I'm a little sad I will have to pay for it now.
    Android doesn't have a HD version yet, it was a IOS exclusive so far and it costs the same $4.99 on itunes for a HD version.
    12-21-11 02:27 PM
    my question is...how long was RIM holding on to angry birds before releasing it to the public?

Im happy we have it, im not hating on RIM, but it would be nice to know when they actually received it from Roxio or w/e.
    I know for Simple Browser, it was submitted ages ago but not until recent RIM decided to put it on App World.
    12-21-11 02:37 PM
    whoo hooo finally
    Blackbox55 likes this.
    12-21-11 02:39 PM
    my question is...how long was RIM holding on to angry birds before releasing it to the public?

Im happy we have it, im not hating on RIM, but it would be nice to know when they actually received it from Roxio or w/e.
    I know for Simple Browser, it was submitted ages ago but not until recent RIM decided to put it on App World.
    That's a good point. I would like to think that they wanted it to come out when they were originally going to launch OS2 in October. They may have decided to go ahead and launch it so that all the people who are getting a PB for christmas would have Angry Birds to download.
    12-21-11 02:47 PM
    Works great-very pleased

Mike
    12-21-11 02:55 PM
    Stupid app IMO, I cant believe people were upset just because of one stupid app missing from app world
    12-21-11 03:29 PM
    Angry Birds Showdown - Seasons vs Rio - CIO Solutions

here are some opinions for those having trouble deciding between seasons and rio

i think seasons is out of the question for me now, so its between the original angry birds and rio, maybe ill get the original on my playbook and rio on my gf's
    Seriously? Skip a movie this weekend and buy all three versions of it. Support the vendor and the company that made your tablet...
    on android is free...
    Apply the 15 bucks for Angry Birds to a laser hair removal session for you back...and probably your backside...ewwww!

If thats the case, then why each one is $5 and no free version? I understand the user base for the PB is much smaller but seriously, everything is so much more expensive on the BB App World
    You're either buying or crying...sounds like the latter for you. Nothing good is free in life.

So the naysayers have been harping on this "no Angry Birds" schtick for so long, and now that they've gotten the wind knocked out of their sails with the availability of this game on OEM OS, they regroup, and instead of saying, "Thank you RIM', it's "...it cost too much, or it's free on rrhoid's, wahhhhhhh...." CHEAPSKATES!
    Seriously, and could not agree more! Modern Warefare 3 is sixty bucks with DLC two or three times after that @ 15 buck a pop...they're breaking sales records with no "where's the FREE version" people in sight!

Works great-very pleased

Mike
    Me too Mike!

Thanks Rovio and RIM!
    yanicmb and alnamvet68 like this.
    12-21-11 03:43 PM
    Stupid app IMO, I cant believe people were upset just because of one stupid app missing from app world
    Just buy the game... You know you want to.
    12-21-11 03:46 PM
    Well folks its finally here. Now we can all move on.....
    12-21-11 03:50 PM
    Up to this point, I was so disappointed that the Playbook was not supporting this "basic" game, that I had put off buying any other games or content until it came out.

Honestly, this could be the start of a turn around, not because of the game itself, but as we have mentioned so many times in the past, perception is key in this industry.

Consumers need to see that developers take the tablet seriously and that all the TOP Games and Apps are supported.

If the content is there, the customers will follow...

Bought the basic title first and is running flawlessly...
    12-21-11 03:57 PM
    One small step for Playbook fans....one ginormous step for ultimate supremacy.
    app_Developer likes this.
    12-21-11 04:18 PM
    I just had to read the comments on the Engadget article (even though I knew it would bring my IQ way down) and sure enough, a bunch of clueless bashing.

I thought it was interesting Engaget chose to not mention what the premium version cost of other platforms but give a jab that it would cost $5 on this platform. Also, nevermind that if we wanted to play it bad enough, we could actually play it for free, through the browser. Sure, it doesnt run very smooth, but we at least can. Nope. Just mention how long it took and that its too expensive.
    12-21-11 04:23 PM
    Dude, use PayPal!
    Thanks guy but I get the same 10000 error using paypal.
    12-21-11 04:30 PM
    Absolutely perfect, bought angry birds and rio, will get seasons when these bore me, Woohoo
    12-21-11 04:59 PM
    Maybe it's me, but this release of Angry Birds has been a morale booster for the forum; with very rare exception, the forum, Playbook forum in particular, has been a joy to read and post in. Who woulda' thunk that some psychotic egg laying flying lizards would hold at bay the current of negativity that has dominated our forums over the last few weeks. Thank you RIM,
    12-21-11 05:07 PM
    This is great but wish they lower the price a bit.
    12-21-11 05:48 PM
    Dude, no exaggeration but Angry Birds help restore my faith in the PlayBook and BBX in general. I bought so quickly... Me:"honey can I buy Angry Birds?" Wife:"Sure..." Me:"YES YES YES *clicks purchase*....can't wait to play it in my PlayBook HD Baby! *receives email verification* *AB theme song is playing*..."
    The Me likes this.
    12-21-11 05:50 PM
    Angry Birds use the Box2D physics engine.

RIM released the QNX port of the Box2D physics engine in October at DevCon 2011 America.

So Rovio took that QNX port in October to work on the Playbook version.
    Tom9810 likes this.
    12-21-11 05:56 PM
    And if you like Angry Birds HD...check out Monopoly HD or International Snooker HD two very sweet games. Snooker is a blast! All of these games have excellent graphics on THE BEST tablet display.
    12-21-11 06:30 PM
    It is a welcome news, and a big new on PB app front!

It is a little pricey, but that shouldn't be a big deal since many people got PB hardware cheap.

Hope to see more apps like these coming to PB..
    12-21-11 06:40 PM
    Angry Birds use the Box2D physics engine.

RIM released the QNX port of the Box2D physics engine in October at DevCon 2011 America.

So Rovio took that QNX port in October to work on the Playbook version.
    Ok, but Mike walked out on the stage and announced Angry Birds months earlier. Originally it was supposed to be a summer release. I don't think he would have done that if Rovio was still waiting for a port (At least I hope not ). EA got access to the Alpha NDK early, which is why we got Tetris and NFS at launch, so it would not be a shocker if Rovio got advance access to a Box2D port too.
    12-21-11 06:55 PM
    Ok, but Mike walked out on the stage and announced Angry Birds months earlier. Originally it was supposed to be a summer release. I don't think he would have done that if Rovio was still waiting for a port (At least I hope not ). EA got access to the Alpha NDK early, which is why we got Tetris and NFS at launch, so it would not be a shocker if Rovio got advance access to a Box2D port too.
    Tetris doesn't require a physics engine. NFS's 3D game engine is probably used in dozens and dozens of 3D games so far released.

2D game engine is low on the priority list.
    12-21-11 07:34 PM
    So, which is the best version to buy if you've never played angry birds and want to give it a try?
    12-21-11 08:30 PM
210 ... 34567 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD