Nice! That will get a lot of developer's attention. I'm glad RIM and Rovio got this done.

These games are easier to port than business apps, because they don't depend on much of a UI framework being in place. The game itself is almost all of the UI.

Can't wait to see what Rovio reports as far as sales. That will be good data for the rest of us.

If thats the case, then why each one is $5 and no free version? I understand the user base for the PB is much smaller but seriously, everything is so much more expensive on the BB App World
    12-21-11 12:17 PM
    Still cant buy anything from app world. Still getting 10000 error. Tried 3 different credit cards called all the credit cards and they all said they see a change and a instance reversal of the charge. It is Digital River, they are stopping the payments from going through. Not sure what to do now.
    azrin640 likes this.
    12-21-11 12:19 PM
    I know its $4.99 on itunes but its free on android market and I switched from an android tablet to my Playbook so I'm a little sad I will have to pay for it now.
    12-21-11 12:26 PM
    Come on folks. You spend more than this for lunch or to wash your car.

Are folks really this cheap?

Tim
    Last edited by trsbbs; 12-21-11 at 01:29 PM.
    grover5 and homer1475 like this.
    12-21-11 12:33 PM
    Still cant buy anything from app world. Still getting 10000 error. Tried 3 different credit cards called all the credit cards and they all said they see a change and a instance reversal of the charge. It is Digital River, they are stopping the payments from going through. Not sure what to do now.
    We are in the same boat, Digital River registered in my bank with 0 transaction. Can't buy Angry Bird
    12-21-11 12:44 PM
    Come on folks. You spend more than this for lunch or to wash you car.

Are folks really this cheap?

Tim
    Apparently yes. First people complain there's no Angry Birds app then when they get it they whinge and complain about the price. $5.00 isn't that much for a decent app with no intrusive ads, particularly an in-demand app on an expensive piece of kit.
    12-21-11 12:47 PM
    Hurried over & bought Rio. Game play is so smooth. I don't have an iPod touch, iPad, or Android so I've been waiting - & I'm not disappointed. Totally worth the $5. Plan on getting the other two soon. Yay!!
    12-21-11 12:51 PM
    maybe now people will stop complaining, since this is obviously a big deal for some unknown reason.
    Wouldn't bet on it.

I can see some going from "Well it doesn't have Angry Birds" to "Well it took so long to get Angry Birds"...
    rickster21 likes this.
    12-21-11 12:55 PM
    $5 for a quality game is fine. I'm used to $60 computer games with $15 map packs added later (you suck CoD). People love to complain. Clearly have no sense of creating and selling goods either.
    12-21-11 12:55 PM
    they should be free just so the company can say we are playing their games

/sarcasm
    12-21-11 12:58 PM
    Wouldn't bet on it.

I can see some going from "Well it doesn't have Angry Birds" to "Well it took so long to get Angry Birds"...
    True that. You can never make everyone happy.
    12-21-11 12:58 PM
    I just bought the original version for my daughter. I can't wait to get home from work tonight and see how many seconds it takes her to notice the big red bird in the games section.
    12-21-11 01:08 PM
    I am so pissed that App World doesn't work thru bridge.
    12-21-11 01:09 PM
    Don't care. Just want Adobe reader to be updated.
    12-21-11 01:12 PM
    If thats the case, then why each one is $5 and no free version? I understand the user base for the PB is much smaller but seriously, everything is so much more expensive on the BB App World
    If you want the ecosystem to work, it has to work for everyone. $5 is less than half the price of a movie ticket, or about the price of a latte. So if you get 1 hour of enjoyment out of a title, is it really that hard to spend 5 bucks?

Developers are in business to make money like any other company. Where you work, do you work for free?

BTW, free apps will come when the audience is big enough for the advertisers to pay the developers for you.
    jivegirl14 likes this.
    12-21-11 01:20 PM
    Will be wiping and updating my PlayBook to the latest OS 2 build and will then definitely buy all three versions just to show my support for NATIVE app developers instead of Android. Not really that big on games, NFS lasted all but a week on my device before it got deleted.

Hoping this shows the devs that the platform is profitable and worth developing for.
    12-21-11 01:26 PM
    Don't care. Just want Adobe reader to be updated.
    Then why bother posting?

Tim
    pmccartney likes this.
    12-21-11 01:31 PM
    Then why bother posting?

Tim
    so he can be heard.
    his point is made lol.
    12-21-11 01:39 PM
    So the naysayers have been harping on this "no Angry Birds" schtick for so long, and now that they've gotten the wind knocked out of their sails with the availability of this game on OEM OS, they regroup, and instead of saying, "Thank you RIM', it's "...it cost too much, or it's free on rrhoid's, wahhhhhhh...." CHEAPSKATES!
    12-21-11 01:40 PM
    After rebooting I was able to buy Angry Birds. I'm running the latest OS 2.0beta.
    Now I won't have to take my wife's ipod touch to play this game!

now only if Trainyard were available on PB.
    12-21-11 01:53 PM
    So very glad this came out. This should entice other big name developers, especially with the OS 2 due out soon.
    12-21-11 01:57 PM
    Then why bother posting?

Tim
    so he can be heard.
    his point is made lol.
    Yep, just to make a point.

A business tablet that sucks for business apps but has these stupid Angry Birds on it... Yep. Way to go RIM.
    12-21-11 02:01 PM
    Now when OS 2 is delayed another year, RIM will say "Well at least you have angry birds."
    SirVancelot and grant.palin like this.
    12-21-11 02:04 PM
    Very Smooth, loving this on the PlayBook.
    12-21-11 02:13 PM
    A business tablet that sucks for business apps but has these stupid Angry Birds on it... Yep. Way to go RIM.
    Developers don't have a complete UI framework to be able to make business apps yet. Hopefully that is coming soon.

But for the time being, attracting big name developers to the platform will improve its profile among developers. That itself is a positive step.

The business apps you want will never, ever come without developer interest. This helps to address that issue.
    12-21-11 02:14 PM
210 ... 23456 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD