So I apologize if this has been brought up before, but any news about Angry Birds for Playbook? I'm one of those diehard Blackberry devotees who borrows my friends' iPhones to play Angry Birds. I gotta admit to being addicted to the game.
    08-29-11 12:32 PM
    I emailed Rovio a couple of weeks ago to see if they'd tell me if development for the Playbook was ongoing. Since there was an early announcement that there _would_ be a game produced, I thought they would at least tell me this much.

I got a solid 'no comment'... Being somewhat of a pessimist, I'm inclined to think that if it was going to appear, it would have by now. I hope I'm wrong...
    08-29-11 12:56 PM
    you can play the online flash version via the browser. not sure if you can save it an play it offline though... some games you can
    08-29-11 12:57 PM
    I'm glad they waited so long to get it out for the PB ... I've had it for so long on my Mac that I'm totally bored with it now. Gimme a good Texas Hold'em game, dammit.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    jmarkey77 likes this.
    08-29-11 01:00 PM
    you can play the online flash version via the browser. not sure if you can save it an play it offline though... some games you can
    We can save and play Angry Birds offline, its really very easy to install. Download angry-birds.swf after the download is complete, goto your browser and type "file:" -> then select "accounts" -> "1000" -> "shared" -> "downloads" select the angry-birds.swf file. you will get a blank screen, now select the book mark option and select Add to home screen. Name the file angry birds. Thats it your done. Turn off wifi before you launch the game.You will find the app in your main menu, launch it and double tap the screen for full screen.

You can download angry birds from here LimeTrip: Download Online Flash Games And Play It Offline
    Last edited by LimeTripBlog; 08-29-11 at 01:33 PM.
    pelletizer and melander like this.
    08-29-11 01:30 PM
    thanks for the tip, might try this out. this is a pretty safe procedure, yes?

id still want the official rovio app out though. they seemed pretty confident that it would be released.
    08-29-11 01:45 PM
    thanks for the tip, might try this out. this is a pretty safe procedure, yes?

id still want the official rovio app out though. they seemed pretty confident that it would be released.
    Its completely safe go for it. I just got tired waiting for the original app, you could also try and install the gameLimeTrip: How to install AngryBirds App into your Blackberry Playbook using DDPB installer
    08-29-11 02:02 PM
    This would work much better under the Apps and Games forum.

You will find much on this lame no show game if you do a search of the forums.

Tim

Sent from my BlackBerry Bold
    08-29-11 02:05 PM
    Try DeadSpace by EA you will forget about angry birds. Looking forward to more games from EA.....
    08-29-11 02:17 PM
    You can also open up Google Plus and try their Angry Birds on your PB.
    08-29-11 02:49 PM
    I'm one of the few who never played or felt the need to play it. The most I've ever done was installing it and starting it up for my son to play it.

I do hope it does come out for the PlayBook as an official app... a lot of people would enjoy it.
    08-29-11 03:00 PM
    The last word we got was that angry birds would be coming to the playbook "late summer".

Um, well, as you can see........
    08-29-11 03:00 PM
    The last word we got was that angry birds would be coming to the playbook "late summer".

Um, well, as you can see........
    We have up until September 23, 5:05 A.M. EDT. Lol.

Maybe 5:04 A.M. is "late summer"
    08-29-11 03:06 PM
    At one time I was very into Angry Birds. It is a fun time killer. Now, I am over it. I played it to death and Rio and Seasons . . . My personal favorite time killer at the moment is Cut the Rope.
    08-29-11 03:12 PM
    I wish they would bring tiny wings to the playbook.
    08-29-11 03:20 PM
    That is why I cannot dispose my Android tablet. There are some nice games and applications that are not available in PlayBook. Not to mention the Error ID: 10000 that prevent me to purchase good applications and games.

I guess, the OS2 will be my last resort...
    08-29-11 03:34 PM
    If i'm not mistaken Dillow hills for playbook is very similar to Tiny wings and personally* I find the graphics to be nicer too, you can try it on Kongregate to see if you like it.

here's the link :
    Play Dillo Hills, a free online game on Kongregate
    08-29-11 05:30 PM
    Not completely related, but the first batch of games utilizing the Unity3D engine should be arriving in short order.
    GDCE 2011: We want to help Unity devs make $20,000+ of extra revenue per platform says Union's Bruning, news, GDC Europe 11, PocketGamer.biz

08-29-11 06:32 PM
    That is why I cannot dispose my Android tablet. There are some nice games and applications that are not available in PlayBook. Not to mention the Error ID: 10000 that prevent me to purchase good applications and games.

I guess, the OS2 will be my last resort...
    Error ID:10000 is an issue with PayPal and PayPal servers only. It shouldn't be blamed on RIM...besides there is a simple solution....Open App World on your handset, click or tap 'My World' , log in if necessary, press the Blackberry menu key, select payment options and use a credit card instead..bypass the idiots at PayPal.

08-29-11 06:55 PM
    We can save and play Angry Birds offline, its really very easy to install. Download angry-birds.swf after the download is complete, goto your browser and type "file:" -> then select "accounts" -> "1000" -> "shared" -> "downloads" select the angry-birds.swf file. you will get a blank screen, now select the book mark option and select Add to home screen. Name the file angry birds. Thats it your done. Turn off wifi before you launch the game.You will find the app in your main menu, launch it and double tap the screen for full screen.

You can download angry birds from here LimeTrip: Download Online Flash Games And Play It Offline
    I did exactly what you mentioned above and it didn't work for me. I got all the way to saving it to my home screen. When I went to launch it, nothing happened. All I see on the screen is a yellow rectangle that says start inside. If I click on that, nothing happens. Also, I do not get the Angry Birds icon on the home screen. Only a block box that says Angry Birds under it. Have I done something wrong?
    08-29-11 07:58 PM
    I did exactly what you mentioned above and it didn't work for me. I got all the way to saving it to my home screen. When I went to launch it, nothing happened. All I see on the screen is a yellow rectangle that says start inside. If I click on that, nothing happens. Also, I do not get the Angry Birds icon on the home screen. Only a block box that says Angry Birds under it. Have I done something wrong?
    Don't waste your time. As all Playbook owners should now be aware, many Flash games that require physics suck because AIR and Flash do not have access to hardware graphics acceleration. Itf you are just itching to play the game mentioned here (flash) go here
    http://www.physicsgames.net/game/Ang...ds_Online.html

08-29-11 08:21 PM
    I'm one of those people that are anti-Angry Birds. I just see it as a game of luck instead a game of actual skill. I would much rather see Cut The Rope & Tiny Birds.
    08-29-11 11:58 PM
    Error ID:10000 is an issue with PayPal and PayPal servers only. It shouldn't be blamed on RIM...besides there is a simple solution....Open App World on your handset, click or tap 'My World' , log in if necessary, press the Blackberry menu key, select payment options and use a credit card instead..bypass the idiots at PayPal.
    Actually bro, I'm using credit card. I don't use PayPal anymore since I have not so good experienced with them. And did called my credit card company since that is the first impression. But it is not their problem, in fact the guy even told me that they can see my transaction but it was disapproved by the BB Apps World - makes me wonder why. And I did already contacted RIM about it, but no response. As if I'm talking to a "dead space". And I even contacted the developers themselves to see if I can buy the software on their site and access or downloaded them directly to my PlayBook. Two of them said, they can do that but RIM is not allowing them to do and that I have to deal directly to BB Apps World.

Well, I really hope that this issue will be solved with the upcoming OS2.
    08-30-11 12:25 AM
    You've done everything right, You must turn off wifi before you launch the game.
    08-30-11 01:51 AM
    Games are just a matter of preference, just happened to be that I like the game a lot. I have it on my mac, and just wished my Playbook could play it.

Don't get me wrong, I love my Playbook, but is this ever going to see the light of day?

http://crackberry.com/angry-birds-co...berry-playbook
    08-30-11 05:26 AM
32 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD