Windows phone doesn't have it either, so we are not alone!! NE1 know about Xbox or PS3?
    Read on one of their tweet that as of this moment there is no release date for WP, xbox and PS3. But I am sure they will get it first before playbook does. Oh well I guess we will have to play the waiting game from these developers (Rovio and Halfbrick). Booooo!!!

Guess I'll just go back and play Sketch W Friends......JB!!!
    03-22-12 04:56 PM
    One last thing I will rant and I am done posting on my thread......why is it that they answer (AngryBirds) other peoples questions but never other people (playbook owners). Everytime I scroll down and browse their twitter account they always seem to answer all WP owners questions. I sent them 3 tweets regarding our tablet but no luck. ROVIO U SUCK!!!
    03-22-12 05:18 PM
    I've signed the apk and will test it when I get home. Unfortunately I have no file service to upload it or I would and have someone else test it first
    03-22-12 08:16 PM
    .. and again they left us out unrecognized.
    03-22-12 10:46 PM
    I hope it comes out for the playbook soon.
    hpulley likes this.
    03-22-12 11:02 PM
    iOS, Andriod, Mac and PC were in the initial release. All have several times the subscriber base of BlackBerry. From a pure business perspective, you hit tier 1 first.
    There are "tiers" for an app comsumer base? Where do they teach that crap? From a pure business perspective, you hit teir ALL. You don't alienate parts of your customer base for trivial reasons. It isn't like there are only 3 people in the world with a Playbook. There are more than enough to make a healthy contribution to the bottom line.

Not that I care. Never have played Angry Brids and probably won't for quite a while.
    03-22-12 11:18 PM
    The wild thing is it was free to download for my Nexus but its going to be 5 bucks for my PB......
    03-22-12 11:34 PM
    Nokia also got Angry Birds late, every update, also never mentioned anywhere. Rovio's twitter people have always been most unhelpful as they will not give any answers as to release dates.
    Except nokia is mentioned
    03-22-12 11:39 PM
    The birds are so angry, you must help them get their revenge. Now they have taken their anger into space, they really need to get some anger management counseling.

Saw an article about plans to build Angry Birds amusement parks in Europe.

Has anyone actually seen a pig steal a birds egg? Perhaps the pigs have been framed!
    03-23-12 02:05 AM
    There are "tiers" for an app comsumer base? Where do they teach that crap? From a pure business perspective, you hit teir ALL. You don't alienate parts of your customer base for trivial reasons. It isn't like there are only 3 people in the world with a Playbook. There are more than enough to make a healthy contribution to the bottom line.

Not that I care. Never have played Angry Brids and probably won't for quite a while.
    [oversimplification]

So you have two platforms, each with the potential to make you (e.g.) $1million in a day, so $2million together. You employ two devs at $50k for the project. DevCost=$100,000, revenue = $2million, profit = $1,900,000

alternatively... So you have two platforms, one with the the potential to make you (e.g.) $1million in a day, the other to make you $20k in that same day. You employ two devs at $50k for the project. DevCost still = $100,000, revenue now = $1,020,000, profit = $920,000

[/oversimplification]

This isn't taught, it's common business sense. This is why some companies succeed and other fail. Let's also not forget that this is true in the real world - Napolean didn't succeed as he was trying to fight a battle on two fronts. Ever tried the same at Risk? Also, doesn't work.
    Alex_Hong likes this.
    03-23-12 03:46 AM
    Ok, ok I know I promised that I was done with this thread bcoz I never got a reply from my tweets and email sent to Rovie. Well guess what I just checked my email and this is what they said......
    Angry Birds Team, Mar 22 15:33 (EET):

Hello,

and thanks for contacting us.

Unfortunately it is impossible for us to release the games to all the platforms and devices at the exact same time. We simply don't have enough resources for that. Rest assured we are working day and night to get the game to all relevant devices out there as soon as humanly possible.

Kind regards,

Jenni
    Angry Birds Team

It was nice that they replied but I think it's a LAME excuse....just saying!!!
    Sith_Apprentice likes this.
    03-23-12 04:00 AM
    The birds are so angry, you must help them get their revenge. Now they have taken their anger into space, they really need to get some anger management counseling.

Saw an article about plans to build Angry Birds amusement parks in Europe.

Has anyone actually seen a pig steal a birds egg? Perhaps the pigs have been framed!
    That's right. Right here in Finland!

S�rk�nniemi
    03-23-12 04:38 AM
    The wild thing is it was free to download for my Nexus but its going to be 5 bucks for my PB......
    Playbook versions are ad free!!!
    03-23-12 06:30 AM
    They do mention the PlayBook here Games - Rovio Entertainment Ltd not sure why they haven't listed it there maybe they are too lazy to make sure their website is consistent evrywhere
    03-23-12 06:37 AM
    Someone should bring up the fact that rovio is price gouging us as all the other platforms receive the same game, including nokia for free-$2.99. Blackberry 4.99 lol... i guess when we are soo desperate for lame games then we are inelastic to their prices. I say, this next angry birds game release, hold off until they bring down their prices from space to a fair value! Show them we are elastic to that kind of pricing and don't feel like paying that much.

If we don't start somewhere, this is going to be the price accepted from now on for all new apps, $4.99 and above yikes!

All 3 games are available on iTunes for $2.97

All 3 games are available on AppWorld for $14.97

1 available on Nokia Store for $1.99

1 available on windows market place for $2.99

Don't worry, i love content coming to my playbook and blackberry as much as possible. Oh and i got my flame suit on
    Last edited by Xavior; 03-23-12 at 09:58 AM.
    03-23-12 09:30 AM
    Someone needs to make RIM aware of that screenshot. Pretty bad when WebOS is listed there and not Blackberry. Grr!!
    03-23-12 09:55 AM
    Price differences could be the simple fact that RIM takes more of a cut than the others. Also, I'm pretty sure they get a discount after x amount of copies have sold so because pretty much every ios device out there has downloaded AB, that is why it is cheaper on that platform. (Economies of scale)
    03-23-12 09:58 AM
    Price differences could be the simple fact that RIM takes more of a cut than the others. Also, I'm pretty sure they get a discount after x amount of copies have sold so because pretty much every ios device out there has downloaded AB, that is why it is cheaper on that platform. (Economies of scale)
    Yeah i understand economies of scale and they have reached it with the amount of downloads on the other platforms, but where this theory i find falls flat is once the game is already made, porting it over to the platforms is nothing like creating a new game from scratch. Another example is, once the artist creates a song and its turned into digital, how much does it cost to create another copy of that song? Basically nothing but they sell if for .99 to 1.29 on itunes. What im trying to get at it, Rovio has created the game and its been around for a long time. Why are these games not starting at 4.99 on other platforms before they reach economies of scale to bring it down to .99? or even $2.99? Lets not get into the technicalities of programing for blackberry. If we don't show some elasticity to price and gobble everything at any price because we are desperate for content, the price norm or gouge will continue where only the brand suffers. I think blackberry needs to step in a place a price ceiling on this type of behavior or we might have a case where apple was price fixing and gouging their customers over ibooks.
    Last edited by Xavior; 03-23-12 at 10:17 AM.
    03-23-12 10:11 AM
    Rest assured we are working day and night to get the game to all relevant devices out there as soon as humanly possible.
    haha...quick someone tell them RIMs still relevant... or else they might accidentally read the news and think other wise
    03-23-12 10:41 AM
    I've signed the apk and will test it when I get home. Unfortunately I have no file service to upload it or I would and have someone else test it first
    A straight APK to BAR conversion does not work. Also the Angry Birds apps that are "out there for free" are actually paid AppWorld apps that were converted and fixed by Roxio. They are NOT android apps as they do NOT load via the Playbook Android emulator.

So we are all waiting for Roxio to convert the app so we can BUY the app on AppWorld.
    jpgrove likes this.
    03-23-12 12:54 PM
    ^^^ According to the latest WinInfo update you are wrong....

"There's been a lot of angst in the Windows Phone world because Rovio is snubbing our favorite platform with this title: The company says it has "no plans" to deliver Angry Birds Space on Windows Phone because of its tiny market share and the difficulty of having to totally rewrite each game to work on the platform."

Let them charge what the feel is right for whatever platform the want to release on. You make they choice to buy it or not without a sling shot pointed to your head! ;-)
    Last edited by FreeJACLive; 03-23-12 at 01:20 PM.
    llllBULLSEYE likes this.
    03-23-12 01:18 PM

So we are all waiting for Roxio to convert the app so we can BUY the app on AppWorld.
    Please it is not Roxio it is Rovio
    03-23-12 01:21 PM
    Sales will suffer. They would sell many more games if released same date as other platforms ... Then they will say sales are down and they not supporting BB anymore.
    03-23-12 06:56 PM
    ^^^ According to the latest WinInfo update you are wrong....

"There's been a lot of angst in the Windows Phone world because Rovio is snubbing our favorite platform with this title: The company says it has "no plans" to deliver Angry Birds Space on Windows Phone because of its tiny market share and the difficulty of having to totally rewrite each game to work on the platform."

Let them charge what the feel is right for whatever platform the want to release on. You make they choice to buy it or not without a sling shot pointed to your head! ;-)
    Actually Windows Phone is getting Angry Birds Space.

'Angry Birds Space' coming to Windows Phone after all, says Rovio CEO

Rovio's CEO Mikael Hed claims that Angry Birds Space is in fact being released on Windows Phone, contradicting an earlier report in which CMO Peter Vesterbacka said the company wasn't planning to bring the latest installment in the popular franchise to Microsoft's mobile OS. In a short statement to Reuters, Hed said "we are working towards getting Angry Birds Space to WP7." It's rather surprising to see two high-level executives give completely different statements about the company's premier game, but for the time being we're going to take the CEO at his word. We've reached out to Vesterbacka to see if he can clarify his earlier comments.
    And there you have it.
    03-23-12 09:35 PM
    Someone should bring up the fact that rovio is price gouging us as all the other platforms receive the same game, including nokia for free-$2.99. Blackberry 4.99 lol... i guess when we are soo desperate for lame games then we are inelastic to their prices. I say, this next angry birds game release, hold off until they bring down their prices from space to a fair value! Show them we are elastic to that kind of pricing and don't feel like paying that much.

If we don't start somewhere, this is going to be the price accepted from now on for all new apps, $4.99 and above yikes!

All 3 games are available on iTunes for $2.97

All 3 games are available on AppWorld for $14.97

1 available on Nokia Store for $1.99

1 available on windows market place for $2.99

Don't worry, i love content coming to my playbook and blackberry as much as possible. Oh and i got my flame suit on
    But I always found that is true for all apps in appworld:. When. It is free in apple store or Google play,it is paid in appworld and if it is paid in different platforms,appworld is the most expensive one. No competition in appworld.
    03-23-12 09:48 PM
60 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD