I have two playbooks that I have been using official appworld downloaded android apps.
    I notice on my 16 gb that the player frequently forgets the app settings and user account info, sometimes randomly and always if I reboot.

On my 16 gb I have the following android apps:
    Overdrive media - OK retains settings shows in recently run apps in player even after restart
    Baby bump - resets settings randomly and always after restart
    Tech News - disappears from recent run apps and resets randomly and after reboot
    Labour timer - disappears from recent apps and resets randomly and after reboot

On my 32 gb I have the following android apps
    Overdrive media - keeps settings even after restart and stays in recently run list
    Baby bump - keeps settings as above
    Parent and baby handbook - keeps settings as above

Has anyone seen this happen? I am wondering if there is a memory problem on my 16 gb. Strange that it happens on 3 out of the 4 apps i have installed. Strange that it happens on the 16 gb and not the 32 gb.
    I hope I don't have to wipe and reinstall OS. It is an irritating problem because user data disappears and keeps requiring reentry. It is also slow to start when it disappears from recent run list. It seems like it was cached and the cache is wiped periodically.
    Last edited by AWDragon200; 03-12-12 at 10:00 PM.
    03-12-12 09:38 PM
    Mine does it too. Happens if I:

Go into Dev mode and reboot
    Next time I launch android, gone.

I did a fresh security wipe (Etc) no change.
    03-12-12 09:54 PM
    Same here. I was using the Kindle app at a schoool reading time, closed it to play a game or something and when I opened it again, Kindle was asking me to register again, which I couldn't do having no WiFi connection at the time...
    03-12-12 10:19 PM
    I got mad because it kept deleting my Shoppers Paradise game-save. Contacted their support to see if they could replicate, gave them the instructions, no response...

Interestingly, Legends of Yore uploads your games onto their server That is nice, because you login and voila you dont lose your level 20 character.
    03-12-12 10:31 PM
    Haven't had any problems. Anyone here use alternative launchers? I use go launcher ex, and as I said I don't have these sorts of issues.
    03-12-12 11:06 PM
    Yeah, I have those issues. I thought they were limitations of the Android Player....are people able to retain saved games, saved settings, etc. after a restart of the device?
    03-13-12 12:20 AM
    Yeah, I have those issues. I thought they were limitations of the Android Player....are people able to retain saved games, saved settings, etc. after a restart of the device?
    It seems to retain settings and "recently run" status of the 3 android apps i have on my 32 gb even after a reboot. However on my 16 gb, Overdrive Media app stays there and retains settings even after reboot, but the other 3 android apps are reset like they are being run the first time. I thought maybe the 32 gb allocates more memory for the android player than the 16 gb but it looks like you are having the same issues on a 64 gb.
    03-13-12 01:15 AM
    Android apps on my 32 G playbook also lose data after rebooting. For example, I've tried half a dozen note apps. The only one that retains the notes is "NoteIt", and that takes special effort: in addition to "save", you have to use the built in "backup" at the end of sessions followed by "restore" at the beginning of the next! Other Android apps won't retain preferences settings, even when properly saved. One example of that is "Ghost Commander" (an otherwise excellent Android file manager). It certainly makes me less eager to use Android apps...
    03-13-12 01:23 AM
    I had similar problems with my 64gb Playbook but not my 16gb one. Some android apps would reset frequently while others would be remembered by the android player. After much playing around the final successful solution was a restoration of the 64gb Playbook to factory condition and a reinstallation of OS2.
    03-13-12 09:41 AM
    I had similar problems with my 64gb Playbook but not my 16gb one. Some android apps would reset frequently while others would be remembered by the android player. After much playing around the final successful solution was a restoration of the 64gb Playbook to factory condition and a reinstallation of OS2.
    I recently did the following to try to fix the problem:
    1. Did a full backup with DM.
    2. Did a full reinstall of os2 which also wiped everything.
    3. Did a full restore with DM.

If looked promising at first, no random resets of the android apps, however doing a soft restart of the PB still deletes all data and settings of android apps except Overdrive Media which always keeps its settings. On the bright side no more apps resets up less I reboot the PB tablet.
    03-17-12 08:40 PM
    I can't back up the apps on either of my Playbooks, so I reinstalled the apps from Appworld when I restored the 64gb one. Even afterwards my Overdrive app started misbehaving again so I replaced it with a sideloaded version (2.3) and all is well now....I corresponded with Adobe regarding my problems with Overdrive and they claim that there is a problem in the PlayBook Android Player that causes difficulties with Overdrive.
    03-18-12 07:19 AM
    I recently did the following to try to fix the problem:
    1. Did a full backup with DM.
    2. Did a full reinstall of os2 which also wiped everything.
    3. Did a full restore with DM.

If looked promising at first, no random resets of the android apps, however doing a soft restart of the PB still deletes all data and settings of android apps except Overdrive Media which always keeps its settings. On the bright side no more apps resets up less I reboot the PB tablet.
    I finally solved the problem! After the 3 steps above which I still had the resetting problem, I did a full security wipe. Then i only restored Media and Settings NOT Application Data. I had to re-download everything from Appworld. But now... it all works!! Android apps keep their data and settings after re-booting and I tried rebooting it several times! It seems there were some issues with existing apps interfering with the Android player that are now gone with a security wipe and re-installing from scratch, instead of restore with Desktop Manager (which kept previous problem going).
    Last edited by AWDragon200; 03-19-12 at 10:17 AM.
    03-19-12 10:14 AM
    I got mad because it kept deleting my Shoppers Paradise game-save. Contacted their support to see if they could replicate, gave them the instructions, no response...

Interestingly, Legends of Yore uploads your games onto their server That is nice, because you login and voila you dont lose your level 20 character.
    Same!! I played like 9 levels of Shoppers Paradise and today I loaded up the game and all my game saves were lost!!
    I know this happens with the Tofu game as well.
    I don't know which of my other games are Android, but so far these are the two apps that I've noticed that I lose game saves.

Is this a bug or is it a design flaw?
    03-19-12 09:59 PM
    The way to fix this is to do a complete security wipe and reinstalling the apps from the App World 1 by 1. Do not do a backup as you will end up having the same issue. If you have any important documents just save those documents on your PC and after the security wipe you can just transfer them back to your documents folder.

I did this and my Playbook seems faster and the Android player saves all my settings even after reboot. The Android player also seems to crash less often.

Hope this helps.
    04-04-12 04:21 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD