Hi All

Anyone know of a good introduction to the new Android Player functionality?

I don't see a android player app, so i assume the android apps just opens?

Is there Android apps to be found in App world?

Can Android market application be accessed from Playbook?

Hope someone can help shed some light to this new functionality

BR
    Rundelight
    02-21-12 04:20 PM
    The android player is buried in the operating system so you won't see it until you open an android app.
    You cannot access the android market, what happens is the android apps that are available are just mixed amongst the regular playbook apps. You'll see the player once you download and try to open one. I notice today a lot more apps in the app world that I did not see yesterday on OS 1.

Hope this helps
    MT
    baldanders likes this.
    02-21-12 04:40 PM
    anyone have a list of all the ported android apps?
    02-21-12 04:52 PM
    I think what the op is looking for is a comprehensive guide to installing android apps on to os2.
    There is a guide for creating bars from apks, but no complete guide with pics for sideloading already signed apps. There probably is one, but it should be stickies.
    02-21-12 06:40 PM
    okay, since I am new to the PB as well, Here is what I can tell you.

4 ways to get android apps on your playbook I'll break them down from easiest to hardest:
    1. stock appworld, but these are converted by the original app creators, through BB's appworld app submission. This is the easiest way, you have to search for them, and there is no "android" filter

2. use development mode, and sideload already signed apps through your pc. This is probably the most popular way, since there is a bunch of "signed bars" roaming all around the forum.

3. take your own android apk's and sign them through the program from rim, you gotta get it from rim, and get "keys" to sign them... I'm guessing that this is the way they would trace the program if it was illegal, or a warez or something like that.

4. root playbook, and run android apks... this is the relative hardest one to do, but after looking through all the instructions, I would think it's easier than #3.

Here is the thread that dhows how to do #2
    http://forums.crackberry.com/android...-2-0-a-701348/
    02-21-12 07:38 PM
    Quick question, when I run Android Apps in OS 2.0 at the bottom of the app window there is a bar with the App Icons that I have run previously in the Player, however they continuously add as I run other Android Apps to that bar. Are they constantly running even after I close the window? I know how to close that bar in the window but is there a way to unmount the app and remove them from that part of the window? Not sure if I explained that well but I was just curious.

Thanks
    02-21-12 08:53 PM
    My problem is that I don't seem to know how to bring up the menus for some of these apps - at least, not consistently.

I've tried on Mapdroyd and it appears or not. Sometimes I have a similar problem with the Kindle app. Not sure what that little curved arrow at the bottom left is about?

Overdrive similarly escapes my control!
    02-21-12 09:08 PM
    same here.
    02-21-12 09:21 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD