Hi guys, I need some help here. I installed sys.android.bar using ddpb installer on my PB which has OS 1.08 on it. The installation went fine and when I tried to open the player on my PB it first showed that Blackberry icon in full screen for a while then it closed itself. I tried deleting it and installing again and still the same. Anyone had similar problem and was able to find a solution? Thanks.
    11-25-11 09:19 AM
    Android player does not work in 1.08. Only way to run android apps is to use developer beta of OS2
    11-25-11 09:38 AM
    You're not supposed to sideload any android apps to OS1.08. Upgrade to OS2.0 and don't bother installing the sys.android.bar
    11-25-11 09:42 AM
    crap, so they blocked the side loading on 1.08......

I was on 2.0 beta but I really want to use the video chat and bridge files features so I downgraded to 1.08. Maybe I should go back to 1.07......
    11-25-11 10:00 AM
    crap, so they blocked the side loading on 1.08......

I was on 2.0 beta but I really want to use the video chat and bridge files features so I downgraded to 1.08. Maybe I should go back to 1.07......
    seems more like what theyve done, is moved all their internal devices away from the `leaked` .bar for android (by doing OS2) and have since cancelled the signing key for the .bar so it doesnt work. think its a smart move myself, as they are offering a android dev beta so it doesnt inconvenience devs.
    11-25-11 10:40 AM
    can you downgrade back to 1.0.7? I don't think you can anymore since the debricking method downloads the latest official OS, ie 1.0.8 right?
    11-25-11 12:11 PM
    I need help with this as well...
    11-25-11 12:52 PM
    seems more like what theyve done, is moved all their internal devices away from the `leaked` .bar for android (by doing OS2) and have since cancelled the signing key for the .bar so it doesnt work. think its a smart move myself, as they are offering a android dev beta so it doesnt inconvenience devs.
    So BBThemes, you said above that I should bother installing the .bar android emulator? I thought the first step Ive been reading online is to install this, and then get apks and covert to bar, then sign them, then install them on my PB.

I was having the same problem, it just loads, and frezes, with the berry logo, then I close it and try to open it again and it doesnt start. Im running OS 2, and was able to get a app called SImple Browser or something to work, but hanvt been able to get Handrite, or the android emulator, or others to work yet...
    11-25-11 01:50 PM
    guys if you want to run android apps.. just install the 2.0 beta and install the bars that u want.. no more, the android player that ur talking about stopped working since 1.0.6...
    11-25-11 02:28 PM
    So BBThemes, you said above that I should bother installing the .bar android emulator? I thought the first step Ive been reading online is to install this, and then get apks and covert to bar, then sign them, then install them on my PB.

I was having the same problem, it just loads, and frezes, with the berry logo, then I close it and try to open it again and it doesnt start. Im running OS 2, and was able to get a app called SImple Browser or something to work, but hanvt been able to get Handrite, or the android emulator, or others to work yet...
    with os2 you dont need to install android player. its part of the os. just install the bar files for the apps you need. in your case, you will need to uninstall the player you installed first.
    11-25-11 03:31 PM
    ok ive tried to install a few and all except "simple browser" do nothing when I press them...
    installed all the SKD and other stuff for different android versions, installed the java and all that...still nothing. Ill probably give up in a few days, give the extra playbook I have to my sister, and return the other one. Im thinking the ainol novo 7, and transformer prime will be good enough.
    11-25-11 05:51 PM
    ok, so lets jus round this up and be clear to all.

the sys.android.bar app DOES NOT work anymore, doesnt matter what OS you are running.

the android player comes already built into the DEVELOPER OS2.0 beta.

if you had android apps sideloaded on the previous OS2 dev beta, you NEED to do a security wipe before installing the latest update for the dev beta.

if your already on the latest developer OS2 beta (2.0.0.4869) then you NEED to do a security wipe, however as you always get the prompts to download some extra stuff after wipe, first re-register your PIN so the OS2 update is active for you.

and if your still stuck, search is awesome
    http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...aybook-672172/

and if after reading that, and your still stuck and not a dev, well maybe you should wait for the consumer release of OS2, as its technically pirating apps if your loading them without the owners permission anyways.

/lesson
    /rant
    11-25-11 09:43 PM
    and if your still stuck, search is awesome
    http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...aybook-672172/

and if after reading that, and your still stuck and not a dev, well maybe you should wait for the consumer release of OS2, as its technically pirating apps if your loading them without the owners permission anyways.

/lesson
    /rant
    Amen

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-25-11 09:51 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD