Hi guys I wanted to know if there would be a way to use my phone with my tablet? Because in fact blackberry OS is a Linux based system so logically there could be a way that both system work together!
    06-01-12 10:41 PM
    what do u mean work together?

Can your andriod phone work with/on a linux server -im sure it can but ... probably not for much use for the average-joe.

If you want to tether if your phone has a hotspot it'll work.

Otherwise if you want to check your phone's email on your pb then no.
    06-02-12 12:26 AM
    As a side note, the Blackberry Playbook OS is not based on Linux. It originated from Unix, like most non-Microsoft OSes.
    06-02-12 11:14 AM
    Hi guys I wanted to know if there would be a way to use my phone with my tablet? Because in fact blackberry OS is a Linux based system so logically there could be a way that both system work together!
    Care to say what you want to do? There is nothing we can do untill you say what you want...
    06-02-12 11:23 AM
    I use an android phone and the only thing you can do is tether, unless somebody knows otherwise.
    06-02-12 11:27 AM
    As a side note, the Blackberry Playbook OS is not based on Linux. It originated from Unix, like most non-Microsoft OSes.
    Actually, QNX did not originate from Unix. While it conforms to the posix spec it is based on a micro-kernel architecture and is vastly different fom Unix variants you'll find floating around... like SCO Unix or Apple's OSx for example (monolithic OSes).

Drivers, filesystem, networking, servers, etc, etc. Are NOT part of the kernel and run as separate processes in user space. You can actually debug filesystem or networking processes using standard debugging tools. Or kill them off and start different ones. They're just processes after all.
    06-02-12 12:07 PM
    Well I knew that I could do tethering I just wanted to know there was a way to do something that looked like the blackberry bridge but I know it is not thought to be working with an android phone!
    06-03-12 01:37 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD